Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

I was advised not to drive. Does yours drive ok. Mine is fine driving but I have lights on the dash!  Who is repairing your Alphard?

Edited by Liz Coles

4 hours ago, Liz Coles said:

I was advised not to drive. Does yours drive ok. Mine is fine driving but I have lights on the dash!  Who is repairing your Alphard?

Yes, advised not to drive.  But it still drives ok.  My friend Mark is going to repair it but he is very busy as he is the only licensed hybrid engineer around.

27 minutes ago, Michael Brown said:

Mine was off the road for 3 weeks whilst waiting for the new Inverter to be shipped over from Japan and for Peter Holland get it fitted and set up. Had no probems since.

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have already been waiting, not because of shipping problems but because the local hybrid engineer is so busy. 

We have not been able to use ours 2 years in April, the hybrid expert we have used lives in Exeter and is called Mark too.  Maybe the same guy?  He has swapped our inverter a couple of times…..for second hand ones…..we are desperate to be able to use it!!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Liz Coles said:

We have not been able to use ours 2 years in April, the hybrid expert we have used lives in Exeter and is called Mark too.  Maybe the same guy?  He has swapped our inverter a couple of times…..for second hand ones…..we are desperate to be able to use it!!

Edited by Patricia Ingram
spelling

1 hour ago, Michael Brown said:

Mine was off the road for 3 weeks whilst waiting for the new Inverter to be shipped over from Japan and for Peter Holland get it fitted and set up. Had no probems since.

How much did the inverter cost?

Wow! We paid £7000 for ours in April 22, used it driving home lights all came on and been off the road since……we don’t know when it will be back up and running.  Thinking of selling it as it is. 

Strewth !!

I was introduced to Peter Holland by Colin Cambell at CMC in Sidlesham nr Chichester, who services Alfie as he had serviced my previous

estima's since 2011. Peter is an electronics expert in the motor and marine industry and gets quite busy. Just glad I was introduced to him, Bright Spark Automotive www.brightsparkautomotive.co.uk  07774 152660. I'd paid £9,500. for Alfie back in August 22 from a garage in Exeter and I was not going to get rid of Alfie. So I looked at it as an investment and hope to keep Alfie for many years and if I get a roblem again I know who to call.

Good luck

• Like 1