Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

getting some alloys!

hey guys. recently i have decided i am 100% getting some alloys for my alphard. i am stuck on which ones to get though

if anyone has alloy suggestions please send some to me!!!

Im thinking of going for 90s merc style rims.. obviously not actual merc rims but similar styling 

i also love the jdm jap style ones that have a similar design but i can find them anywhere!

I will send a photo of the style im talking about 

Thanks in advance

The wheels on the white Alphard look like 'Work Ls207' but without the bolts so maybe they're a copy or slightly different model.

'Work Euroline DH' are a good option too and often available on ebay or website forums.

Also 'Zauber' wheels are a close match to the mercedes amg style wheels.

I myself am currently importing Enkei and AME wheels from japan, one set for my Alphard and the other for my rx-7. But these are via container which can take 2-3 months.

19 minutes ago, Andrew said:

The wheels on the white Alphard look like 'Work Ls207' but without the bolts so maybe they're a copy or slightly different model.

'Work Euroline DH' are a good option too and often available on ebay or website forums.

Also 'Zauber' wheels are a close match to the mercedes amg style wheels.

I myself am currently importing Enkei and AME wheels from japan, one set for my Alphard and the other for my rx-7. But these are via container which can take 2-3 months.

great, thanks a lot! the work eurolines are exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know enough about wheel companies so I had no idea where to start haha

what rx-7 do you have? is it an fc or an fd?

I've been looking into the fcs and am considering getting one before the prices rise even more with these jdm cars. would love to hear your opinion on getting one.

12 minutes ago, ThuMentaliss said:

Ah! nice to see my vehicle on display, sold those wheels since, now have multi spoke Brock 19" alloy's

its lovely! i want mine to look similar to yours. what are the alloys on the car in the photo and what did you have to do to get them on?

Their Chinese origin and you will find them on internet sites who sell chrome wheels, however the problem with them is getting the correct offset,  or you could try reducing the wheel size to 18" they are heavy and would be difficult to repair as chrome on alloy finish is expensive to repair....

On 8/31/2021 at 6:36 PM, charliec said:

great, thanks a lot! the work eurolines are exactly what I'm looking for. I don't know enough about wheel companies so I had no idea where to start haha

what rx-7 do you have? is it an fc or an fd?

I've been looking into the fcs and am considering getting one before the prices rise even more with these jdm cars. would love to hear your opinion on getting one.

No worries, you should have a good chance of finding Eurolines on the driftworks private sale section.

and my RX-7 is 1989 FC, I got it cheap (very cheap compared to prices nowdays) when I was 19 (i'm now 32) and due to moving abroad for work sadly it ended up sat in the garage for several years. thankfully the original rotary engine is still going strong, only 64k miles, I need to get it back on the road and start using it again but the bodywork needs sorting!

if you can find a good turbo model on Japanese auction sites for a cheap price then go for it, but like you said they've gone up in price a lot! I haven't seen a cheap one for a very long time unless it's falling to pieces due to rust!

you can also get away with cheaper road tax if you get an import model, kind of a loop hole (DVLA correctly classes the import as the 1.3 rotary engine, it's equivalent to a 2.4 piston engine and non import UK models get put into the 2.4 tax class!).

56 minutes ago, Andrew said:

No worries, you should have a good chance of finding Eurolines on the driftworks private sale section.

and my RX-7 is 1989 FC, I got it cheap (very cheap compared to prices nowdays) when I was 19 (i'm now 32) and due to moving abroad for work sadly it ended up sat in the garage for several years. thankfully the original rotary engine is still going strong, only 64k miles, I need to get it back on the road and start using it again but the bodywork needs sorting!

if you can find a good turbo model on Japanese auction sites for a cheap price then go for it, but like you said they've gone up in price a lot! I haven't seen a cheap one for a very long time unless it's falling to pieces due to rust!

you can also get away with cheaper road tax if you get an import model, kind of a loop hole (DVLA correctly classes the import as the 1.3 rotary engine, it's equivalent to a 2.4 piston engine and non import UK models get put into the 2.4 tax class!).

thanks this is all really useful, how do you access the private auction section? cannt find it on the website

1 hour ago, ThuMentaliss said:

Their Chinese origin and you will find them on internet sites who sell chrome wheels, however the problem with them is getting the correct offset,  or you could try reducing the wheel size to 18" they are heavy and would be difficult to repair as chrome on alloy finish is expensive to repair....

alright will do, thanks