Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Reversing camera

Does anyone know how to adjust the angle of the reversing camera? Ours is facing down on the ground and doesnt give much of a rear view. Also as it is a japanese import it comes with a japanese kenwood sat nav/radio/cd/dvd player, we’ve worked out how to bluetooth a phone which is fab, but wondering if we can alter settings to English? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it may be poorly fitted, try to adjust it manually from the outside.

There is no English language on Alphard head units however yours seems to be aftermarket as Alphard units are not Kenwood. 

Get the model number of the unit and google it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 7:29 AM, RD91 said:

Does anyone know how to adjust the angle of the reversing camera? Ours is facing down on the ground and doesnt give much of a rear view. Also as it is a japanese import it comes with a japanese kenwood sat nav/radio/cd/dvd player, we’ve worked out how to bluetooth a phone which is fab, but wondering if we can alter settings to English? Thanks in advance.

Hello RD31 interested to read your post that you have paired your phone. I've being trying but to no avail. Could you please enlighten me, I have Google translate but cannot find Bluetooth. I have a 2004 2.4 Alphard with rear conversion. Only picked it up on Thursday lovely motor. Thanks

Hello Pete31, on the tabs select SRC (source) select BT audio, set your phone Bluetooth on, the phone received a pairing code which we accepted. It happened automatically and we were pretty surprised! 

• 8 months later...

Hi , reversing camera angle can be changed but involves removing the chrome trim to access to small bolts that hold the camera in place . I have adjusted my camera to look straight back and not at the ground