Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard garage in Cornwall?

Susie M

Hi, I have an Alphard which we bought from Bristol a few years ago, and have had basic services at our local garage.  However, they have had a few problems as the diagnostics are all in Japanese and I have been unable to find an English translation of a service manual.  How has anyone else got around this?  The importer recommended I either visit their garage in Bristol or their sister one in Southampton, both of which are about 3-4 hours drive away.  Going forward, I need to find a solution closer to home.  Any ideas?

Hello Susie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Very recently, Picasso posted in this Forum that a maintenance manual should be available early next year.

Hopefully that would allow you to provide a mechanics with useful information.

There is a Toyota dealer in Helston and Truro (actually Newquay), I believe.

I use my local Snows in Torbay.

Snows have a delearship in Plymouth. try them as I think you will find they are amenable to working on your Alphard.

Good Luck.

1 minute ago, Rojie said:

Hello Susie,

Welcome to the Forum.

Very recently, Picasso posted in this Forum that a maintenance manual should be available early next year.

Hopefully that would allow you to provide a mechanics with useful information.

There is a Toyota dealer in Helston and Truro (actually Newquay), I believe.

I use my local Snows in Torbay.

Snows have a delearship in Plymouth. try them as I think you will find they are amenable to working on your Alphard.

Good Luck.

As an afterthought, it may be worth asking if any garage you hope to use has Techstream, the Toyota diagnostic software.

1 hour ago, Ian24 said:

Try having a look at the handbook available from Amazon or eBay. All fully translated from Japanese.

Hi Ian, I think those are owners manuals. I think Susie needs something more.

There is also a guy at Bodmin who is a Toyota trained mechanic.

I'll try and find him for you, and get back to you on here.

12 minutes ago, Rojie said:

Hi Ian, I think those are owners manuals. I think Susie needs something more.

There is also a guy at Bodmin who is a Toyota trained mechanic.

I'll try and find him for you, and get back to you on here.

DYERNOSTICS, no kidding. Can do cam belts and water pumps if you have a V6

• Like 1

Hi Suzie

I am not too far from you and I always use Paul from Crossroads Garage in Ludgvan (01736740880). He is a really nice chap & a great 'can do' mechanic. He has looked after my Alphard and  several Bongos before my Alphard. He seems to be able to sorts  issues without full main Dealer diagnostics. His only gripe is that he reckons Japanese engine mechanics have very small hands!...as access is very restricted.  Worth a call.    Chris   😀

• 2 months later...
On 11/5/2021 at 10:40 AM, Susie M said:

Hi, I have an Alphard which we bought from Bristol a few years ago, and have had basic services at our local garage.  However, they have had a few problems as the diagnostics are all in Japanese and I have been unable to find an English translation of a service manual.  How has anyone else got around this?  The importer recommended I either visit their garage in Bristol or their sister one in Southampton, both of which are about 3-4 hours drive away.  Going forward, I need to find a solution closer to home.  Any ideas?

Hi Suzi, did you manage to find somewhere to work on your car, I am still looking!

Hey,

I am the guy in Bodmin, Cornwall. 

My business is called Dyernostics and can carry out all manner of repairs and servicing on Alphards. 

If you need and help or advice, please contact me on either 01208809321 or 07988760047.

Thanks 😊 

10 minutes ago, Dyernostics said:

Hey,

I am the guy in Bodmin, Cornwall. 

My business is called Dyernostics and can carry out all manner of repairs and servicing on Alphards. 

If you need and help or advice, please contact me on either 01208809321 or 07988760047.

Thanks 😊 

Hi Jason,

Sorry but you can't use the Forum to promote your own business.

Please contact the Alphard Club to request a Trade Account.