Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Can’t quote insurance

26 minutes ago, joeko888 said:

I have imported Alphard 3.5 and Adrian Flux said there is no reference of the price. Anyone can help?

Welcome to the Forum.

Adrian Flux can be very expensive, although not everyone receives a horrendous quote.

There is a page on this Forum with several Insurance Companies that will insure Alphards (although maybe not the 3.5l as it is relatively new to the UK market).

Be persistent.

Try phoning the usual outfits as your Alphard probably won't be in their options list if you try quoting on line.

Aviva, Direct Line, Churchill, and many others.

Good Luck.

I am sure you will receive help from existing 3.5l users on here too.

56 minutes ago, joeko888 said:

I ‘ve asked Adrian flux, jap etc 

They can’t quote as there is no car insurance reference. However, Vellfire 3.5 can be insured. May I quote Vellfire 3.5 premium instead of Alphard 3.5? 

I wonder is it same?

thank you

Sorry. I didn't mean call Adrian Flux on the phone; I meant the other companies.

I would not be able to recommend Adrian Flux.

AF did quote me for my 2006 Alphard, silly, and I mean silly price.

Shop around.

There is very little difference between a Vellfire and an Alphard.

Those differences are mainly, if not all, cosmetic. Different grills, and maybe a lowered suspension and larger wheels.

Get a quote for a Vellfire (from AF, if you must.

The Vellfire is a more sporty (in marketing terms) version of an Alphard. (Same engine, same gearbox).

Once you have that quote call around and negotiate. Someone will recognise the 2008 or later Alphard as the main brand of this vehicle.

This problem should ease soon as there are plenty of Gen 2 vehicles 'on the water' journeying to the UK !

The Vellfire was only introduced in 2008, so you must have an early version.

Did you find the page on this forum where other owners have recommended their insurance companies ?

1 hour ago, Rojie said:

Sorry. I didn't mean call Adrian Flux on the phone; I meant the other companies.

I would not be able to recommend Adrian Flux.

AF did quote me for my 2006 Alphard, silly, and I mean silly price.

Shop around.

There is very little difference between a Vellfire and an Alphard.

Those differences are mainly, if not all, cosmetic. Different grills, and maybe a lowered suspension and larger wheels.

Get a quote for a Vellfire (from AF, if you must.

The Vellfire is a more sporty (in marketing terms) version of an Alphard. (Same engine, same gearbox).

Once you have that quote call around and negotiate. Someone will recognise the 2008 or later Alphard as the main brand of this vehicle.

This problem should ease soon as there are plenty of Gen 2 vehicles 'on the water' journeying to the UK !

The Vellfire was only introduced in 2008, so you must have an early version.

Did you find the page on this forum where other owners have recommended their insurance companies ?

And my Alphard making year is 2008

Joeko, Hi again,

Search for Alphard Insurance in the search box on this Forum.

There are loads of comments, including my own.

You're certain to get on the right track with all the help from the Forum members.

I'm still unsure whether you have an Alphard or Vellfire, and whether it is Gen 1 or Gen2.

Gen 2 if it has the 3.5l, Gen 1 if it has the 3.0l.

2 hours ago, Rojie said:

Joeko, Hi again,

Search for Alphard Insurance in the search box on this Forum.

There are loads of comments, including my own.

You're certain to get on the right track with all the help from the Forum members.

I'm still unsure whether you have an Alphard or Vellfire, and whether it is Gen 1 or Gen2.

Gen 2 if it has the 3.5l, Gen 1 if it has the 3.0l.

Yes, lots of Alphard insurance but not 3.5L sad~~

On 12/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, Rojie said:

Hello, Is yours a 3.5 ?

Hi I don’t have an alphard at the moment 😰😰😰 but do have a granvia 3,4 v6 insured with them from talking to them they did say they will insure alphard 3.5 but could not get a quote without a reg number