Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Corrosion

Hi, Last week we did an Exeter and return journey and the roads were filthy especially the A30. When we arrived back home the Alphard was covered in mud and road salt and as it's white it looked awful. The next day it was out with the pressuere washer and a good wash all over plus the wheels, wheel arches and anywhere there was salt. This was followed by a wax and wash. The point of relating the above is just to remind you all to make sure you clean out the lip on the edge of the rear wheel arches.Once we get a dry period, I intend to make sure I have cleaned these areas and once dry smear some grease. The front arches are OK as there is an inner wing lining.

If you look at some of the earlier Mazda Bongos,many have corroded rear wheel arches and although the constrution is different it is a good simple remedy to prevent corrosion.

Yes acf50 will wash off but it's so easy to use no mess at all, it's no real pain other then the cost lol it's something I've used on my motorcycles for the last 15yrs so know it works well