Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Eurpoean Breakdown Cover

1 hour ago, SimonCh said:

Anybody know someone that can provide basic Europe breakdown cover for 2005 model.  

Do I need it?  If it needs mechanical repair, perhaps cheaper on the continent anyway? - Thoughts?

Welcome to the Forum.

My thoughts are that part availability on the continent, where European made vehicles are so popular (patriotically  purchased) could be tricky.

Regarding insurance. There is no shortage of companies that cover Europe; whether they will cover an Alphard is another matter.

I used to travel Europe frequently, but not in an MPV / camper.

I used Saga who, in my opinion, offered good value insurance; especially if the duration of your stays were lengthy.

16 hours ago, AlfAlphard said:

Hi. A couple of months ago I took out breakdown cover with the RAC, they offered me European breakdown cover. But I declined it this year. So it seams you can get it. 

Thanks/Yes - I'll check, but with the only people I found (Caravan & Motor Home - Red Pennant) that would consider it, I stumbled at the 'Evidence of a full Service record', although I had UK records including belt replacements.

They did say their first action would be to get repaired locally - So I figure If anything goes wrong I can try to arrange that myself.  I don't see a problem with drive train parts as they shared with other Toyota models.

Going to check Travel Insurance to see whether it would help with personal repatriation costs if vehicle had to be left insitu.

• 4 months later...