Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Stereo upgrade with dual camera input

Hi all, i know burried somewhere in the previous posts this has probably been answered but........

Does anyone have recommendations for a good quality stereo upgrade for my06 alph with theatre sound system and front/rear cameras!!

I'm based near Taunton, Somerset. 

3 hours ago, Jason cox said:

Hi all, i know buried somewhere in the previous posts this has probably been answered but........

Does anyone have recommendations for a good quality stereo upgrade for my06 alph with theatre sound system and front/rear cameras!!

I'm based near Taunton, Somerset. 

You're right, this is covered elsewhere. Try to Search Head Unit Replacement.

My understanding is that extra care is needed with the Theatre System, otherwise certain features could be lost.

I'll sure you'll get lots of replies, but, in the meantime try the search.

If I am correct the theater sound system are connected from the Toyota head unit -> amp under front passenger seat -> speakers.

If you want to retain all the speakers, you need to figure out how/which connector/pin connects the head unit to the amp and how does it work.

Or I would assume you can get one of those adapter.

If you just replace the head unit and connect the ISO adapters, I don't think you will get any sound.

I have a small Toyota amp which powers the rear speakers, and there were no sounds from the rear speakers on the aftermarket head unit, so I have to run new speaker cables from the head unit to the speakers bypassing the amp.

This thread might help you 

On 2/4/2022 at 4:33 PM, kinging said:

By the way, why do you want to change the head unit? As I heard the original theater sound system is actually quite good.

Sound quality is excellent but the hands free is rubbish. It's had the carplay system fitted by Ben hau but I can't get any support on mirroring the screen ect. Just looking at options to get a user friendly system  

We fitted a Pioneer AVH-Z5200DAB double din head unit in our 2005 Alphard last year. Not the cheapest thing to do tho!!

The folks at Car Audio Express/ Cartronics were great and really helpful. We retained both cameras with the compromise of the front camera view having to be navigated to using the head unit. Steering wheel controls work as does the Car Play and handsfree etc. Drop me a DM if you would like more info.

Cheers,

Rob