Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Head lights.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed that the main beam headlights produce a different coloured light. The dip light is much whiter than the main beam, so with that in mind I'm just going to change the main beam bulbs to Xenon and see if they improve the brightness to match the dip lights.

Fitted the new Xenon bulbs to the main beam head lamps and to coin a phrase "WOW!" what a difference,gone are the dullish light beams and replaced by clear bright white light.All for £5-88: 2 x HB3 9005 65W Super White XENON Upgrade Headlamp Bulbs. Pair 12volt.[Ebay].

8 hours ago, starider said:

Fitted the new Xenon bulbs to the main beam head lamps and to coin a phrase "WOW!" what a difference,gone are the dullish light beams and replaced by clear bright white light.All for £5-88: 2 x HB3 9005 65W Super White XENON Upgrade Headlamp Bulbs. Pair 12volt.[Ebay].

I have just ordered some.

Did you see my post on the security wheel nuts ?

Yes I replied on Sunday, I read your second post on the subject and understood they said they would exchange the nuts and washers. It would seem somehow you were sent a set of mixed nuts and washers especially if one of the washers does not fit on the nuts. I would try and get them to send out a new set and then return the faulty set. Quote the "Sale of Goods Act" if you don't satisfaction. I can't remember the exact wording, but something like"goods not fit for purpose". I'm sure the wording is somewhere online.

10 hours ago, starider said:

Yes I replied on Sunday, I read your second post on the subject and understood they said they would exchange the nuts and washers. It would seem somehow you were sent a set of mixed nuts and washers especially if one of the washers does not fit on the nuts. I would try and get them to send out a new set and then return the faulty set. Quote the "Sale of Goods Act" if you don't satisfaction. I can't remember the exact wording, but something like "goods not fit for purpose". I'm sure the wording is somewhere online.

Initially the vendor was very helpful, and still is being, but things have slowed down somewhat.

I am being requested to send photos, which I have now done.

I had to buy a suitable torque wrench and a correctly sized socket (which is why I asked my mechanic to do the job) which have already cost as much as the wheels.

I guess, arguably, I needed them anyway !

I am currently awaiting a response to the photos.

Not urgent nut would have been if I were traveling.