Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Cruise control 40kph to 140kph (24mph to 86mph) + Throttle response tuner

https://pivotjp.com/product/3da/3da-t.html

(open link in chrome and it will auto translate to english)

I see this device, can be purchased for about £150.

From what I understand from the manuals, this device sits between the regular cruise control and the ecu, it can use the existing control stalk to control it, and allows you to set the cruise control up to 86mph.

It also incorporates a throttle response controller to set how 'eco' or 'sporty' your throttle is under foot.

Its quite expensive, but if people are looking for a way to partially unlock the cruise control speed limiter (68mph - 118kph as standard) AND add a means to tune their throttle response, this may be a good compromise, rather than going the hacked ecu route!

Anyone have any thoughts or experience? this is a toyota specific model, which means plug and play, I can see wiring harnesses listed for 10 and 20 series vehicles.

• Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Pivot answered me this night.

For the common knowledge, here is the answer they translated from Japanese to English

(Google translation)
If you have a Japanese Toyota Vellfire GGH20, you can install 3DA-T.
radar cruise control will no longer be available.

Do you know the connection of the vehicle speed signal?
For Japanese specifications, connect to the 5P connector on the back of
the audio.

We don't ship overseas.
May be able to purchase it on Amazon.co.jp.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/customer-preferences/select-language
Please change the language and check.

product:
3DA-T (similar to 3DA and 3DA-C, so don't make a mistake)
2A harness (connected to accelerator sensor)
BR-1 Brake Harness (connected to brake switch)

Sincerely,
PIVOT
Customer Support

Hello R4,

I am referring to my Gen 1 facelift model, not your later model.

Radar cruise control is not the same as cruise control.

Radar control maintains a distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you.

As Chris.ac mentions above, I advise you to check that these kits include the actual cruise control, and not just the Radar part.

Better safe than sorry

yeah, this combo is for Gen 2, you cannot use it whilst using radar cruise, I imagine all sorts of calibration/monitoring and brake/accelration control is built in to the additional ECU that interprets radar distancing data against the visual imagery from the Lane assist camera setup.

A choice needs to be made as to an increased limit for cruise, or self adjusting for distance in traffic flow.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I ordered it from blackhawkjapan. Fast delivery.

I installed it with the help of the english install doc and some help from the Pivot Japan support by email. They are VERY fast to answer and they give you the good information in the adapted form (plan, annotated diagram, picture ...).

And it works perfectly with my Toyota Cruise Control lever. I'm able to cruise at 140km/h on the cluster (135/136 in reality with GPS).

The only "tricky" part in my opinion is the Speed Signal wire, behing the audio head unit. It seems there's a version with a 5P connector, but I don't have this one. Instead I took a picture of all my connectors and they sent me the information of the right wire on a 16P connector from my picture.

So it's not cheap, but it works and it's easier than finding the HEX value in a ECU dump, because I can't find anybody with a Damos file for JDM Alphard/Vellfire.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, Chris.ac said:

https://pivotjp.com/product/3da/3da-t.html

(open link in chrome and it will auto translate to english)

I see this device, can be purchased for about £150.

From what I understand from the manuals, this device sits between the regular cruise control and the ecu, it can use the existing control stalk to control it, and allows you to set the cruise control up to 86mph.

It also incorporates a throttle response controller to set how 'eco' or 'sporty' your throttle is under foot.

Its quite expensive, but if people are looking for a way to partially unlock the cruise control speed limiter (68mph - 118kph as standard) AND add a means to tune their throttle response, this may be a good compromise, rather than going the hacked ecu route!

Anyone have any thoughts or experience? this is a toyota specific model, which means plug and play, I can see wiring harnesses listed for 10 and 20 series vehicles.

Hi Chris,

I just checked the vehicle lists, missed them before, and the Series 10 does not seem to be listed in the harness lists.

the difference seems to be that the 20 series one can command use of the existing cruise control stalk, whereas the 10 series can have additional button installed.

I think this is purely because the prefacelift 10 series had a manual wire throttle control, so it may be possible to use the 20series connectors, but I have not looked in to that.

12 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

the difference seems to be that the 20 series one can command use of the existing cruise control stalk, whereas the 10 series can have additional button installed.

I think this is purely because the prefacelift 10 series had a manual wire throttle control, so it may be possible to use the 20series connectors, but I have not looked in to that.

I confirm I use the stock cruise control lever in my GGH20 to enable/disable and up/down speed of the pivot box.

• Like 1