Jump to content

Torque pro OBD 2


Recommended Posts

Has anyone installed this app recently? I bought the Pro from Google Play, and although installed fine on my Samsung Note 10 Plus, it can't connect to the ECU; contacted the developer, but no response. It looks really useful, but it doesn't function atm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

works fine on a 2010

 

i think there is a config string you can type to get it to communicate with earlier cars - on this forum somewhere

 

edit:

 

does this help:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, I've still got an issue with the wrong dongle not being able to speak to the ECU; I'be bought 3 now, and none work with the ECU, they only connect via Bluetooth!

 

Hope someone can help me get this app working, thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 9:07 AM, AlphaMZ said:

Has anyone installed this app recently? I bought the Pro from Google Play, and although installed fine on my Samsung Note 10 Plus, it can't connect to the ECU; contacted the developer, but no response. It looks really useful, but it doesn't function atm.

 

Try "Car scanner ELM OBD2" app developed by 0vZ. 

 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovz.carscanner

 

Had similar problem with Torque  where Car Scanner is connecting without any issues.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, nov said:

 

Try "Car scanner ELM OBD2" app developed by 0vZ. 

 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ovz.carscanner

 

Had similar problem with Torque  where Car Scanner is connecting without any issues.

 

Can confirm, car scanner even allows me to change the 'dealer' settings for auto windows, lights, buzzers etc

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks both of you; I'm determined to make my paid Torque Pro app work, and it's that I wish to find a solution for; I've put the string data into the Torque Pro app exactly as stated in the YT video, but the ECU is the issue for the bluetooth dongle scanner, and as stated in my previous post, I've bought a few OBD11 scanners, and all don't work with the ECU, and this makes it impossible for the Torque Pro app to work atm!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AlphaMZ said:

Thanks both of you; I'm determined to make my paid Torque Pro app work, and it's that I wish to find a solution for; I've put the string data into the Torque Pro app exactly as stated in the YT video, but the ECU is the issue for the bluetooth dongle scanner, and as stated in my previous post, I've bought a few OBD11 scanners, and all don't work with the ECU, and this makes it impossible for the Torque Pro app to work atm!

 

It may be your Android device and it's OS type not supported by the Torque app. 

 

Try different apps to verify this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nov said:

 

It may be your Android device and it's OS type not supported by the Torque app. 

 

Try different apps to verify this.

you could possibly be correct there; I've a Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus; I've also tried it with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, and that's the same; I'll have to try my older Note 8 tomorrow!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

have now tried the Torque Pro out on different devices some with older Android versions, and still it fails to talk to the ECU.

 

If some kind soul can get it to work on their Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus or other Samsung device and can supply the link to a working functional OBD11 dongle, then I'll refund the cost of your app!🙃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OK, after 5 useless dongles, I finally got a good one; nearly triple the price as the other ones, but it speaks to the ECU, and the Torque Pro app works as it should; phew!

 

For those wishing to avoid my frustrating situation using chinese knock offs, then get this dongle: Vgate iCar Pro OBD2 Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, its why i asked to post an image of the dongle, some of the cheaper ones do not have the extra chip fitted that uses the older japanese protocols.

 

its usually fitted on a small daughter board in the dongle.

 

Glad you got a decent one at last! haha, at least now you are sorted for older japanese vehicles

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Chris.ac, I completely missed your post regarding the dongle request pic, but anyway, the main request was what branded dongle works, but I've now found out the hard way, and do hope it helps someone!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/7/2022 at 7:00 PM, Chris.ac said:

Yeah, its why i asked to post an image of the dongle, some of the cheaper ones do not have the extra chip fitted that uses the older japanese protocols.

 

its usually fitted on a small daughter board in the dongle.

 

Glad you got a decent one at last! haha, at least now you are sorted for older japanese vehicles

Hello Chris.ac,

 

Can you recommend a dongle or handheld device for 2.4L 2003 model please?

 

Thank you very much.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Geralt said:

Hello Chris.ac,

 

Can you recommend a dongle or handheld device for 2.4L 2003 model please?

 

Thank you very much.

Honestly, having seen the conflicting messages about what works and what doesnt, I am not confident to offer a recommendation.

 

Toyota didn't embrace the OBD standards well on earlier vehicles.

 

My own adaptor I bought in 2013. it claims to be an ELM327 v1.5 (ELM did not release 1.5) but diagnostic lists it at best supporting up to 1.4 standard.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

Honestly, having seen the conflicting messages about what works and what doesnt, I am not confident to offer a recommendation.

 

Toyota didn't embrace the OBD standards well on earlier vehicles.

 

My own adaptor I bought in 2013. it claims to be an ELM327 v1.5 (ELM did not release 1.5) but diagnostic lists it at best supporting up to 1.4 standard.

 

 

 

 

No problem. Thanks for the info anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.