Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Charging flat battery

SusieB

Hi, I've had my Alphard a few weeks now, not driven her much, but was surprised this morning to find the battery flat. I borrowed a battery charger but need to remove the battery, which was straight forward enough in my Yaris but I'm confused on how to get the battery out of this one. Is it the front or back one? Previous owners had told me which was the leisure battery but I can't remember 🙈 

20220405_194715.jpg

Thank you. I guess it makes sense it would be that one as it's easier to get to 😊

I'm just a bit anxious about doing it as I'm not at all mechanically minded lol

That negative terminal needs a clean, soft wire brush (while the battery is out) and be gently.

Don't be surprised if your door windows won't work from the drivers door.

This normal after a battery disconnect. Moon roof too, if you have one.

Don't worry, there is an easy process to restore proper functionality.

Thanks Rojie. I've seen on YouTube people having to reset their Windows, but hadn't seen anything about resetting the moon roof. Just realised I have At Home cover with RAC, so will call them and watch how they do it lol

1 hour ago, SusieB said:

Thanks Rojie. I've seen on YouTube people having to reset their Windows, but hadn't seen anything about resetting the moon roof. Just realised I have At Home cover with RAC, so will call them and watch how they do it lol

It is easy to do.

Let us all know if the RAC fix it.

If not we'll tell you how to do it.

Hi, the RAC charged the battery and recommended getting a new one, which I am. 

However, at the moment my light indicating one of the doors is open is staying on, even though all the doors are closed.

There's also a car icon flasing on and off - I have no idea what this is 🤔

And is it normal for a green light by be on where the key goes? I haven't noticed that before today.

So grateful for this group 😁

flashing car = immobiliser is active

green light near key hole? photo? on my older Regius, there was a plastic ring around the ignition barrel that illuminated when the drivers door was opened, so you could see where to put the key, in the dark.

this will definately be linked to your door indicator on your dash too.

Try turning your courtesy/dome lights to 'door opened' mode, if they are lit up with all the doors shut, then you may have a dodgy door switch

try actuating the little plunger switch on the drivers door pillar a few times to see if maybe its not pushing in far enough when door is closed, you can usually remove the screw holding it in and pop the switch out too - if this turns off the light on the dash, then the switch is faulty

Edited by Chris.ac

also - from inside, with all the doors closed, see if the switch for the boot light turns the light on/off, it shouldnt do anything if the boot is closed properly, but if that is lighting up, it may be your boot that is not closing properly rather than one of the 4 doors