Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

OBD Scanner For Alphard 2003 2.4L

Hello,

I've tried my Autel AL319 OBD tool but it says 'Link Error' after cycling through all the protocols. Clearly some OBD tools are more compatible with Alphards than others.

Can anyone recommend an OBD tool that definitely works with the 2003 model please?

Thank you very much.

Hi Geralt,

You need to do some reading !

There are several recomendations on the Forum.

Some OBD units, and the software you need to use them, are much better than others !

Good Luck and Happy Reading.

Thanks but it's not for the want of reading. There's so many tried and failed devices mentioned I can't see the wood for the trees, some work for 3L and not for 2.4L and so on. Hence the direct appeal.

Needless to say that searching for "OBD2 AND 2.4 AND 2003" yields 0 results.

I Googled around and bought the Ancel JP700 reader. This works for my 2.4L 2003 in as much as it seems to connect at least and offers to Read and Erase codes which is the most I can expect I think. Note that I don't have the MIL illuminated right now so I don't have any codes to read or erase but I'm 99% confident this will work if I do.

I think what might be useful is a compatibility table (MY and engine against OBD hardware) to help others in future. I guess only admins can set that up.

1 hour ago, Geralt said:

I Googled around and bought the Ancel JP700 reader. This works for my 2.4L 2003 in as much as it seems to connect at least and offers to Read and Erase codes which is the most I can expect I think. Note that I don't have the MIL illuminated right now so I don't have any codes to read or erase but I'm 99% confident this will work if I do.

I think what might be useful is a compatibility table (MY and engine against OBD hardware) to help others in future. I guess only admins can set that up.

We could probably set it up, if someone provides us with the (correct) data tables.

41 minutes ago, Rojie said:

We could probably set it up, if someone provides us with the (correct) data tables.

That would be great thank you. If someone does have the data that's great. If not I was envisioning a gradual collection of people confirming (hopefully) what tool works with what vehicle. I for one can only contribute one line of the table but over time we should be able to cover all model years, engines and variants.

Actually I found another confirmation that the ANCEL JP700 works with 2006 2.4L. So there's two lines already.

• 9 months later...

I have alphard MNH10 3.0 V6 2007 1MZ engine

Can anyone advice on the type of socket / connector for diagnostic scanner?

And what specification do I need to look for if I want to buy the scanner?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2023 at 5:27 PM, Teh said:

I have alphard MNH10 3.0 V6 2007 1MZ engine

Can anyone advice on the type of socket / connector for diagnostic scanner?

And what specification do I need to look for if I want to buy the scanner?

They all plug into the same J1962 (OBD) connector so no need to worry about that.

As to spec, you need to check with the scanner supplier but generally look for JOBD.