Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Over 70mph it started to jerk and shake alot and whistle noise

Have on the motorway soon as i gone over 70mph it whistle noise and jerking with high revs happened to the car, i have to pull over hard shoulder

the worst thing is i have shed out £2300 for a gearbox refurb just few days before, mechanic not sure either

any suggestions would be much appreciated 

45 minutes ago, Rhinow12 said:

Have on the motorway soon as i gone over 70mph it whistle noise and jerking with high revs happened to the car, i have to pull over hard shoulder

the worst thing is i have shed out £2300 for a gearbox refurb just few days before, mechanic not sure either

any suggestions would be much appreciated 

Hello,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry your first post is so worrying.

Not sure,it's difficult to offer any sort of considered suggestion without experiencing the problem. I assume the engine and gearbox were removed to do the work. It could be an induction problem.i.e. there is a leak on the inlet side of the manifold/cylinder head, causing a problem with the mixture to one or more cylinders or even a vacuum hose not fitted correctly. Perhaps a spell on a rolling road? I would have thought if there is any inbalance in shafts etc.there would be a problem like this at speeds well before 70mph.

I suggest  fuel/air[air induction can create huge whistling noises and engine misfire,[ jerking].

Had you driven at over 70 before the gearbox refurbish? if not it's possible the problem was there before.

Please let us know when sorted.

I have taken the car back to the mechanic and soon as i get a reply from him on what the potential issue might be i keep you guys posted

i issue started exactly the same before the gearbox been done 

You say you had the gear box rebuilt have you had the torque converter checked when gear box was off as automatics don't have a clutch and it's done by the torque converter could he had taken this off and not tightened it back up correctly. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2022 at 8:18 PM, Rhinow12 said:

i will ask him about the torque converter as soon as i get hold of him as its weekend and will speak to him on the monday

Was there any update / resolution?

Was this car imported by yourself or purchased locally?

Did you get the mileage verified? Bimta?

CarVX.jp I think is about 20 quid to get full mileage shaken record etc.. Only need vin number.

I see you have decided to sell some car, is this the same?

Very unfortunate and this is perhaps the risk of jdm. Do you know what was the auction grade and odometer miles on this car when imported. Sorry too many questions but I'm really curious how this went wrong and lesson of any for new members.