Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Two questions from a new owner!

Lucky87

Firstly, I want to say Hi to everyone as I am a new Alphard owner and member of the forum. 

I recently purchased an Alphard after many years with a number of Toyota Estima imports. Unfortunately the parts for my 1994 Estima were no longer produced by Toyota and it finally died having done almost 300,000 miles. 

On to the Alphard…

1.  Keys:  Does anyone know which key chip is needed for a 2004 model vehicle?  Ideally I want a four button remote:  Lock/Unlock/LeftDoor/RightDoor

2.  Fuses:  The actuator motor that release the sliding doors isn’t working. I’ve bought new motors from Ben Alphard in Birmingham but I just wondered if there is a fuse to check first before stripping down the doors?  The electric sliding function works, it is just the catch which doesn’t release. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

2 hours ago, Lucky87 said:

Firstly, I want to say Hi to everyone as I am a new Alphard owner and member of the forum. 

I recently purchased an Alphard after many years with a number of Toyota Estima imports. Unfortunately the parts for my 1994 Estima were no longer produced by Toyota and it finally died having done almost 300,000 miles. 

On to the Alphard…

1.  Keys:  Does anyone know which key chip is needed for a 2004 model vehicle?  Ideally I want a four button remote:  Lock/Unlock/LeftDoor/RightDoor

2.  Fuses:  The actuator motor that release the sliding doors isn’t working. I’ve bought new motors from Ben Alphard in Birmingham but I just wondered if there is a fuse to check first before stripping down the doors?  The electric sliding function works, it is just the catch which doesn’t release. 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

Hello Lucky,

Welcome to the Forum.

300,000 miles, Wow.

My brother had a Toyota, 250,000, without any engine work.

Much hope for my Alphie.

They slide doors are fused.

Fuse 2, by the drivers seat.

It also feeds the sonors and ECU. So if they work it can't be that one.

Fuse 15, behind the passenger side glove box (which can be removed very easily).

The fuse box is a pig to get to.

It also feeds ABS and cruise control, so if they operate OK ....

I don't know which fuse, if any, feeds the releasing mechanism.

Ben Hau will know.

The keys.

I bought a transponder key, as you described, from eBay. About £15.

Of course, you will need to get it programmed. Not as easy as it should be.

As they van is a grey import, it is unlikely that a Toyota dealer will get involved.

Mine was programmed by a local locksmith. £80 !

The Alphard uses a different frequency than most vehicles.

Fit for Toyota Alphard 05-09 Remote Car Key Fob with 4D67 Chip 314.3MHz 4 Buttons.

This worked fine for me, but my van is 2006.

I don't know that it is suitable for the pre facelift model you have.

Good Luck.

Thank-you for taking the time to reply.

I got the door motors from Ben Hau and have fitted them today and they work like a dream.  No fuses to hunt down.

As far as the key goes I think the 05 onwards use a different chip in the key fob.

My bus is November 04 date of manufacture but I can't find out anything definite on the difference in the fob used.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Teekay said:

Car exporter in Japan is happy to get extra key made for approx £100. I wonder if it's cheaper to get one made in UK?

For a Gen 1 facelift. £15 for the correct key, £80 to programme it.

As your vehicle is a grey import, Toyota dealers won't do it.

I would go Japanese, assuming the key will be OEM.

2 minutes ago, Rojie said:

For a Gen 1 facelift. £15 for the correct key, £80 to programme it.

As your vehicle is a grey import, Toyota dealers won't do it.

I would go Japanese, assuming the key will be OEM.

It is made by the part division of exporter. Hopefully they will do half decent job. I don't even know yet how many keys are there with the car. Waiting for post auction pictures..

9 hours ago, Teekay said:

It is made by the part division of exporter. Hopefully they will do half decent job. I don't even know yet how many keys are there with the car. Waiting for post auction pictures..

Have you bought it at auction, or from a  dealer ?

3 hours ago, Teekay said:

Company who bid at auction for me. 

Ask them for a copy of the Auction sheet.

Very informative when you learn how to decode them.