Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hello everybody,  my Name is Mark located near Witney Oxon.

I just joined yesterday afternoon after joining the Elgrand Club in the morning.

I know this sounds odd but in the morning i was test driving a top of the range Elgrand which i was smitten with until i said to the chap where is the Cruise Control.

I was informed that they don't have it due to a conflict with the auto brake system.

Then after a few phone calls i was devistated to find out that you also can not retro fit Cruise either. 

So yesterday i called my good friend David at Valley Cars and Classics and begged for help.

He obliged and i have just ordered a 2009 Alphard 3.5 7 speed with 55k grade 4.5 with a grade A interior. 

But i must wait until early July for it to arrive.

I know that there are plenty of Alphards out there but i am fussy after being in the car trade for Donkey's years and David at Valley Cars and Classics is as fussy as me so i know it will be a lovely car.

So now i am going to work out how everything works on here for now.

Back soon and thank you. 

Hello Mark, welcome to the forum. I use to own an Elgrand and still vist the owners forum most days. Yes the Elgrand can have a cruise control installed, there are several postings on their forum regards the installing of the item and even a few helpfull postings to help you do the installing. I hope you enjoy the Alphard it will be worth the wait.

10 hours ago, V8Mark said:

Hello everybody,  my Name is Mark located near Witney Oxon.

I just joined yesterday afternoon after joining the Elgrand Club in the morning.

I know this sounds odd but in the morning i was test driving a top of the range Elgrand which i was smitten with until i said to the chap where is the Cruise Control.

I was informed that they don't have it due to a conflict with the auto brake system.

Then after a few phone calls i was devistated to find out that you also can not retro fit Cruise either. 

So yesterday i called my good friend David at Valley Cars and Classics and begged for help.

He obliged and i have just ordered a 2009 Alphard 3.5 7 speed with 55k grade 4.5 with a grade A interior. 

But i must wait until early July for it to arrive.

I know that there are plenty of Alphards out there but i am fussy after being in the car trade for Donkey's years and David at Valley Cars and Classics is as fussy as me so i know it will be a lovely car.

So now i am going to work out how everything works on here for now.

Back soon and thank you. 

Not all Alphards have cruise control. 

Some can have it retro fitted.

More on that topic contained herein.

Our beast exists and currently is sitting about 25 miles from us! We’re just in the process of securing final funds and hopefully within the next two weeks she’ll be ours. Plan from then is around a 4 week turnaround for a basic side conversion. I never get excited to be honest, 26 years military service kind of gave me adrenaline overload, but for the first time in a long time, I’m actually buzzing! Already bought an awning, spoken to Ben Hau about the radio, planned a CB fit, got the insurance lined up. All ready to go!

2 hours ago, Oddcouple said:

Our beast exists and currently is sitting about 25 miles from us! We’re just in the process of securing final funds and hopefully within the next two weeks she’ll be ours. Plan from then is around a 4 week turnaround for a basic side conversion. I never get excited to be honest, 26 years military service kind of gave me adrenaline overload, but for the first time in a long time, I’m actually buzzing! Already bought an awning, spoken to Ben Hau about the radio, planned a CB fit, got the insurance lined up. All ready to go!

Great to hear you are making so much progress.

Four weeks is a very good leadtime for a rear conversion.

Happy Advanturing 

• Like 1