Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Fitted curtains for 2004 Toyota Alphard

Hi, I will be collecting my new Alphard in the next couple of weeks and looking to have curtains fitted. Does anyone have any suggestions. Ideally would like them secure and on runners rather than the stick on option if possible. Is this an option? Do you think I could fit them myself? Hopefully you guys can help. 😁 thank you 

3 hours ago, Bouncy4 said:

Hi, I will be collecting my new Alphard in the next couple of weeks and looking to have curtains fitted. Does anyone have any suggestions. Ideally would like them secure and on runners rather than the stick on option if possible. Is this an option? Do you think I could fit them myself? Hopefully you guys can help. 😁 thank you 

Hello Bouncy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure your Alphie doesn't have curtains (or at least the rails for them) as most do.

Most curtains are manual but some are electrically operated.

Worth checking with your supplier.

Even if the curtains have been removed the (tie back) popper studs should still be present.

You may be able to source the correct curtains from a breakers yard.

Good Luck, and Happy Vanning.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:03 PM, Rojie said:

Hello Bouncy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Are you sure your Alphie doesn't have curtains (or at least the rails for them) as most do.

Most curtains are manual but some are electrically operated.

Worth checking with your supplier.

Even if the curtains have been removed the (tie back) popper studs should still be present.

You may be able to source the correct curtains from a breakers yard.

Good Luck, and Happy Vanning.

On 4/23/2022 at 12:36 PM, Bouncy4 said:

Take a look at ebay 154201036503

Hi and welcome, our Alphard wasn't fitted with either curtains or rails. My wife purchased a set as a kit with rails and matching curtains. They fitted well and work well as they were manufactured specifically for the Alphard.

If you are interested,reply to this and I'll ask her where she purchased them from.

5 hours ago, starider said:

Hi and welcome, our Alphard wasn't fitted with either curtains or rails. My wife purchased a set as a kit with rails and matching curtains. They fitted well and work well as they were manufactured specifically for the Alphard.

If you are interested,reply to this and I'll ask her where she purchased them from.

Would these fit a 2010 Vellfire? We’re trying to chose between curtains and stick up blinds at the minute..

• Like 1

Hi, not sure,I'll post the contact details for the supplier and you can check with them. We started with the "stick on" blinds but they took up extra storage space and were not as convenient to use as curtains. we also went for the outer all in one windscreen and front doors cover.

Hi again,can't find the details i.e. the company who supplied, but I did find the fitting instructions and the footnote says if any problems phone 07817565952, so I'm sure help is at hand and they will know which models their sets fit. I seem to remember these curtains were the ones the factory fitted. Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, starider said:

Hi, not sure,I'll post the contact details for the supplier and you can check with them. We started with the "stick on" blinds but they took up extra storage space and were not as convenient to use as curtains. we also went for the outer all in one windscreen and front doors cover.

Good stuff, never thought about the storage aspect and didn’t even know there was an outer all in one!

35 minutes ago, Oddcouple said:

Good stuff, never thought about the storage aspect and didn’t even know there was an outer all in one!

Available on ebay.

More than one level of quality / blackout.

As Starider says, they fit over the windscreen and both the passenger and drivers doors.

Very good for privacy, and preventing the sun bleaching your upholstery when parked (laid up) for longer periods.

6 hours ago, Rojie said:

Available on ebay.

More than one level of quality / blackout.

As Starider says, they fit over the windscreen and both the passenger and drivers doors.

Very good for privacy, and preventing the sun bleaching your upholstery when parked (laid up) for longer periods.

Will have a hunt, certainly sounds like a plan..

• 3 weeks later...

The screen / front door blackout works very well and is really good value.

I am currently fitting aftermarket curtains that I bought thru ebay - really impressed so far, and £100 cheaper than similar ones advertised on Gumtree.

1517740121_Frontview.jpg

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, Daveg1971 said:

Their is a curtain kit advertised on eBay for the Alphard at the moment 

I have a front (exterior) blind like this one.

I can supply the brand to anyone interested.

Would I recommend it ? YES.

Just a bit fiddly to fit, and both doors cannot be fully opened while the blind it is fitted.

But one at a time, a door can be partially opened.

I think North Star on the IOW do curtain sets.

Not sure about rails etc, being included.

On 5/16/2022 at 3:46 PM, Torq2u said:

The screen / front door blackout works very well and is really good value.

I am currently fitting aftermarket curtains that I bought thru ebay - really impressed so far, and £100 cheaper than similar ones advertised on Gumtree.

1517740121_Frontview.jpg

Please share the link / number of eBay curtain seller 

Aliexpress has lots of sellers that can be significantly cheaper if one doesn't mind wait time 

• 1 year later...

I had an exterior blackout on my last camper( a Regius) and they are a pain in the mornings, worse if it’s been raining. You have a soggy wad of fabric to fold and store and IMHO, while they are effective, they are a real pain when wet. I’ve just got a set of sucker-fitting interior blinds for my Alphard and they seem a bit bulky to store but at least they’ll be dry.  I plan to stow them under the forward part of the poptop and report on their useability when I’ve finished the converse and had a test run…

Have you used your internal blackouts yet.

The insulated ones tend to encourage condensation on the inside of the windows  !

So you still have moisture/wetness to deal with.

Clearly a matter of choice, and the weather.