Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Front shock absorbers and drop link, anyone know where to source them?

Hello,

I recently bought a 2005 Toyota alphard and the front shocks are cracked and need replacing aswell as the drop link. The suspension has been dropped and Kwik Fit seem to think it has sports suspension. Can anyone point me in the direction of locating parts or a garage that can do this? Located in South Wales if that helps.

Thanks 

55 minutes ago, Keeraan said:

Hello,

I recently bought a 2005 Toyota alphard and the front shocks are cracked and need replacing aswell as the drop link. The suspension has been dropped and Kwik Fit seem to think it has sports suspension. Can anyone point me in the direction of locating parts or a garage that can do this? Located in South Wales if that helps.

Thanks 

Hello Keeraan,

Welcome to the Forum.

Hi you have lowered suspension it's not the case of replacing the shock you will need to replace both front shocks and springs top mounts and the rear springs and shocks to put it back to standard suspension lot of these alphards are lowered in Japan.  Front Shocks are only avaliable genuine from toyota springs you can buy new on ebay to replace everything just parts your looking about £1200.

• 4 months later...
On 4/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Picasso said:

Hi you have lowered suspension it's not the case of replacing the shock you will need to replace both front shocks and springs top mounts and the rear springs and shocks to put it back to standard suspension lot of these alphards are lowered in Japan.  Front Shocks are only avaliable genuine from toyota springs you can buy new on ebay to replace everything just parts your looking about £1200.

why do you have to change the front shocks?

On 4/30/2022 at 10:58 PM, Picasso said:

FRONT STRUTS

EB229F10-43A1-4195-BCB2-1AC45AE1C791.thumb.jpeg.ada963b682db1c562e665c49cde76726.jpeg  
Hi, sorry I can't help you, we've never had to change any struts on Alphard/Vellfire before.  ...