Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

OBD2 setup on 2006 5 speed Alphard 3L

Having spent many hours online looking for the correct initialisation code to use Torque Pro with my Alphard, I have finally found a bluetooth reader / code combination that works on this model. It only took four months 🤣

So, I am using the VGate iCar Pro BLE 4.0. I have a no-name chinese ELM reader that doesn't work and another that I will give a go as soon as I get it out of the other car as the VGate doesn't seem to bluetooth connect with my head unit.

In Torque Pro for the initialisation string I used the preset for Toyota (JDM, Celica, Corolla, Camry) which is:

ATIB 96
ATIIA 13
ATSH 8113F1
ATSP A4
ATSW 00

I hope this might help someone.

2 hours ago, steveknight said:

Oh, and thank you @Ldrego for your awesome videos which have been incredibly helpful since I bought my Alphard!

Thanks Steve. It is great to get feedback. I think there are now over 100 videos up there now!

3 hours ago, Ldrego said:

Thanks Steve. It is great to get feedback. I think there are now over 100 videos up there now!

Hey Steve Can you please share link to your videos? Are they on YouTube? Channel name? Thanks 

23 minutes ago, Teekay said:

Hey Steve Can you please share link to your videos? Are they on YouTube? Channel name? Thanks 

Cuttothechase on Youtube for the videos.

• 8 months later...
On 5/6/2022 at 11:51 AM, steveknight said:

Having spent many hours online looking for the correct initialisation code to use Torque Pro with my Alphard, I have finally found a bluetooth reader / code combination that works on this model. It only took four months 🤣

So, I am using the VGate iCar Pro BLE 4.0. I have a no-name chinese ELM reader that doesn't work and another that I will give a go as soon as I get it out of the other car as the VGate doesn't seem to bluetooth connect with my head unit.

In Torque Pro for the initialisation string I used the preset for Toyota (JDM, Celica, Corolla, Camry) which is:

ATIB 96
ATIIA 13
ATSH 8113F1
ATSP A4
ATSW 00

I hope this might help someone.

I have exactly the same car as you on the same year and the same Vgate dongle (mine is ELM version 2.6) but cannot get this to communicate with the ECU. I've entered the string as you have kindly posted but it just doesn't work. I entered it as...

ATIB 96\n ATIIA 13\N ATSH 8113F1\n ATSP A4\n ATSW 00

Is that correct or am I doing something wrong? Should there not be any spaces?