Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi Everyone.

Hi, I am new to the Vellfire world and absolutely love the car!

But while I am here if anyone can help with a few questions I have that would be great.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for a 2008 model onwards? In English ofcourse.

2. Can the language settings be changed on the Alpine Head unit?

Thanks in Advance.

Hi there. We got a handbook from JPNZ Manuals. Have a search on Amazon. The Vellfire 2008-2011 is part number FRO3009, pretty sure the alphard one is available. Decent quality although the diagrams are a little small and difficult to see clearly. Regarding the head unit…….learn Japanese or download Google translate! Or depending on your head unit you can change it out completely. Hope this is almost all true and I’m sure if it’s not someone will correct me! 

Thank you for the reply.

I will have a look at finding the manual via the above mentioned.

I have the manual for the head unit but it's in Japanese so I assumed I may need to change the head unit. Shame really as its a good unit. I thought there may be a slight chance that it would be on the settings somewhere. It mentions area code but presumably that's for the Sat Nav?

21 minutes ago, Ozzman said:

Thank you for the reply.

I have the manual for the head unit but it's in Japanese so I assumed I may need to change the head unit. Shame really as its a good unit. I thought there may be a slight chance that it would be on the settings somewhere. It mentions area code but presumably that's for the Sat Nav?

I’m keeping the head unit and getting apple car play/ android auto put on. That way I can still use maps if required and to be honest, just getting radio 2 is fine for us, it’s an age thing….. also be able to play an iPod through the head unit so no real issue for us.

4 hours ago, Ozzman said:

Hi, I am new to the Vellfire world and absolutely love the car!

But while I am here if anyone can help with a few questions I have that would be great.

1. Does anyone know where I can get a workshop manual for a 2008 model onwards? In English of course.

2. Can the language settings be changed on the Alpine Head unit?

Thanks in Advance.

The manual quoted by Oddcouple (below) is not a maintenance manual.

There are Owners Manuals avalable from ebay.

They are VERY useful, showing you where various parts are.

They do not give servicing details when or how.

When, if, they become available, there will be major activity on this Forum, I can assure you, as we all want one.

3 hours ago, Ozzman said:

Thank you for the reply.

I doubt the Sat Nav will work. It doesn't in the earlier models.

Chris.ac, please comment

4 hours ago, Rojie said:

The manual quoted by Oddcouple (below) is not a maintenance manual.

There are Owners Manuals avalable from ebay.

They are VERY useful, showing you where various parts are.

They do not give servicing details when or how.

When, if, they become available, there will be major activity on this Forum, I can assure you, as we all want one.

Thanks for that, looking at my post again, I should have made it clearer when I said ‘handbook’. Read before you post!

headunit in the 2008 does not have any map software to make it work outside of japan, as far as I am aware, i've spent more hours than I should trying to find it!

In 2010, alphards started to be sold in phillipines, at this point it seems some units were able to choose english as the display option, but I doubt maps outside of that region were made available - the wiring looms were also different to the japanese domestic models, so a straight headunit swapover is not simple.

Im at the point of approaching ben in Birmingham to get android box fitted to existing headunit, thus preserving OEM look and amplifier and original cameras etc, but with access to android apps/gps/mirrorscreen etc.