Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

all windows open after returning to parked car.

HI All.    Occasionally when returning to my car after being parked, I find the doors still locked, but all of the windows fully open.   Anybody got an idea why this happens ?

Ken

• Confused 1

58 minutes ago, kendo said:

HI All.    Occasionally when returning to my car after being parked, I find the doors still locked, but all of the windows fully open.   Anybody got an idea why this happens ?

Ken

Hi Ken,

Have you got wireless remote locks ?

2 hours ago, kendo said:

Hi , yes I have remote locks and the buttons all seem ok.   Thanks for the reply, Ken.

I'm not sure I can help you with this, but I'll try.

Reading what Chris says (above) reminded me that I have a similar problem on one of my cars, not my Alphie.

The remote buttons can be rather temperamental, especially the lock button.

My tendency is to repeatedly press the lock button.

The car responds to this as a command to open all the windows !

I now have the habit of checking as I walk away; mainly because, more than once, I have returned (in the rain) to find all the windows open. Not funny.

I have spare remote which I need to start using !!

When I asked about remote locking; I asked the wrong question !

The right question was, do you have smart locks ?

I am reading my copy of the Owners Manual (published by JPNZ, £25 on ebay).

Hopefully you have two sets of Smart keys.

Change the battery in both, but not at the same time.

There are key linked window functions associated with keys.

I am assuming you don't use the manual key to lock / unlock the vehicle.

Supposedly, the remote keys need a 3 second press to operate the windows.

So my conclusion is either you have a key misfunction, hence changing batteries and trying both keys.

Maybe the buttons are not making clean, jitter free, connections.

Or of course, a glitch in the receive side. I won't pretend to even try to help in that case.

Oddly enough, the Owners Manual does not mention that the Smart fob does, or does not, operate the key linked window functions.

My guess is it does, so maybe more batteries will be needed !.

I sincerely hope at least some of this helps; otherwise you must remember to check as I do with my other car; or possibly buy a new key.

• Like 1

My Skoda does this, and it always seems to happen overnight when it rains. I’ve still not worked out which button or combination of buttons makes the windows roll down, but they’re probably being pressed by keys while in my pocket. It’s not mentioned in the Skoda manual either.

Is a shame to hear it also happens with the Alphard. I’d previously put it down to yet another example of VAG low-quality electrics.

• Sad 1

On my vehicle the lock key, press and hold, rolls all windows up (until you release the lock key - at which point the windows stop)

Press and hold the unlock key and all windows roll down (until you release the unlock button)

There is a procedure to reset the remote central locking which you can do after a battery disconnection, when one of the door locks does not operate.  There is also one to reset the electric windows when one does not work from the drivers control panel.

Is it worth trying these reset procedures?  It could be that it solves it?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, kendo said:

Ken

Hi Ken,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? 

Steve. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/16/2022 at 8:13 PM, kendo said:

Ken

I have experienced this too.  Mine was on hot days though. I just put it down to key being pressed in my pocket.  But nice to know if you resolved the issue.

BTW this is an option that you can easily change with a OBD2 reader and the CarScanner app on your phone (there are a few threads on here about it), at least for the 20-series and possibly the later 10-series too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 6:46 PM, arthurj said:

BTW this is an option that you can easily change with a OBD2 reader and the CarScanner app on your phone (there are a few threads on here about it), at least for the 20-series and possibly the later 10-series too.

Problem with the format of this forum is there is no index or way to collate any information. It all sits there as a pile and somehow we hope people get to the right info. It’s better than being left all alone though

• Like 1