Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Engine oil pan gasket?

Was going to change the engine oil the other day and noticed traces of oil all round the oil pan. No problem I figured, I'll get a new sump gasket.

I can't find anywhere selling one, does anyone know where I might get hold of one?

I started to wonder about using some instant gasket or similar sealant and after a bit of research into whether these are actually any good, I found that some cars use sealant from new instead of gasket. Is this the case with the Alphard and it's why I can't find the part?

Probably should have mentioned it's a 2004 2.4 4WD

Just for anyone with similar issues: after a bit more research, it turns out that it indeed doesn't have a gasket and I need Toyota Seal Packing 103 FIPG compound. Can't find a UK seller for this, though it's available in the US, I guess cos the 2AZ-FE engine is used in a few models there. Found a few posts on other motor forums suggesting alternative products to do the job so I'll try one of those.

6 hours ago, Neil_c said:

Probably should have mentioned it's a 2004 2.4 4WD

Just for anyone with similar issues: after a bit more research, it turns out that it indeed doesn't have a gasket and I need Toyota Seal Packing 103 FIPG compound. Can't find a UK seller for this, though it's available in the US, I guess cos the 2AZ-FE engine is used in a few models there. Found a few posts on other motor forums suggesting alternative products to do the job so I'll try one of those.

Try and identify the Toyota part number, then try the Internet, Toyota Direct, or your local Toyota dealer.