Jump to content

Failed MOT, rear axle bushes removal tool?


Recommended Posts

Good afternoon, hope you can help. I took my 2007 Alphard 3l V6 AWD in for an MOT to my usually very competent and helpful (non Toyota)garage. I was told the rear axle bushes needed replacing but the mechanic needed a special bush removal tool to do so. I got no joy from the Toyota dealership which did not want to service the car or engage finding a solution. Has anyone come across this problem before? All comments and solutions will be highly appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just checked Amazon no luck. Enquire through Toyota parts department. I’ve found them great for ordering spares. They may be able to source Toyota bearing pulling kit. Good luck. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Perhaps you should call DyerNostics, in Bodmin.

He is a Toyota trained specialist concentrating, I believe, on engines. But....

 

I understand it is not a difficult job, but the axle needs to come down.

 

Give him a call, nothing to loose.

 

Other than that call Snows in Plymouth, they will work on you van.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree Snows in Exeter/Plymouth are much more helpful than Parklands in Cornwall.

 

Another option would be to try Gary Thomas at GT Motors in Newton Abbott - he is great with Toyota Estima imports.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Lucky87 said:

I agree Snows in Exeter/Plymouth are much more helpful than Parklands in Cornwall.

 

Another option would be to try Gary Thomas at GT Motors in Newton Abbott - he is great with Toyota Estima imports.

 

Snows in Paignton too, the main dealer I use.

 

Whereabouts are you in Cornwall ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Rojie said:

 

Snows in Paignton too, the main dealer I use.

 

Whereabouts are you in Cornwall ?

About a mile away from Eden

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All these contacts being mentioned in threads, they really need to go into a compilation somewhere. Can someone suggest how to do this? Google sheet idea was not very well received.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you Rojie, Lucky87 and others, what a helpful bunch you are! 

Anyway, made some phone calls and no special tools needed as long as you're prepared to take the axel down. It's apparently a bit of job, I'm told. Found a local garage in Perranporth that will do it next week. Rileys Garage. Very helpful!

Interestingly, the Toyota dealerships i phoned wanted nothing to do with servicing my Alphard😐

Thanks again 

Thys 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No one seems to have responded to suggestion about compilation of contacts / pointers. Next person comes round with similar questions or issues will have 'reinvent the wheel'.

 

I'll probably go ahead and create one Google spreadsheet and hope it gains traction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Teekay said:

No one seems to have responded to suggestion about compilation of contacts / pointers. Next person comes round with similar questions or issues will have 'reinvent the wheel'.

 

I'll probably go ahead and create one Google spreadsheet and hope it gains traction.

That would be very helpful Teekay . I have a few common fixes to add that will help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dragondrummer said:

That would be very helpful Teekay . I have a few common fixes to add that will help.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rclJkgZ2UZnSORT2u7Csl8w3lS8IQdIt9cau8p16R48/edit?usp=sharing

 

Hi Dragondrummer please use the above link to Google sheet - its fairly simple and easy to use. In spirit of 'pay it forward' anyone receiving helpul information, contacts, solutions etc from the forum could try to add them here. This shared resource can live in parallel to the forum in informal snapshot format for important bits

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/3/2022 at 5:46 PM, Thys said:

Thank you Rojie, Lucky87 and others, what a helpful bunch you are! 

Anyway, made some phone calls and no special tools needed as long as you're prepared to take the axel down. It's apparently a bit of job, I'm told. Found a local garage in Perranporth that will do it next week. Rileys Garage. Very helpful!

Interestingly, the Toyota dealerships i phoned wanted nothing to do with servicing my Alphard😐

Thanks again 

Thys 

 

Most official Toyota Dealers will not go near grey imports.

That is why garages like Snows are so useful for routine planned work, because they will.

 

I understand Plymouth is some way from you, but the Barbican is a nice place to visit while Snows work on your Van.

 

Or Dyernostics are close to you (Bodmin), I am sure they can take care of routing servicing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.