Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New owner saying hallo

Hi all. Just got my new to me Alphard.  It's a 3.0 ms prime selection 2 model. Had it converted to lpg so hopefully local supplier won't stop selling it! Also had the rear door cables renewed as, a precaution as seems to be a when not if they break...  Will post a, couple of queries elsewhere but here is the hallo! 

IMG-20220729-WA0020.jpg

• Like 1

Hi, we’re in Moray and definitely seems to be growing number in the area. 

We love ours (2.4) and the lpg route is looking appealing other than the installation cost up here so enjoy the benefits!

Stew

Hi I'm down near Stirling, was wondering where you got the rear door cables replaced? Did you buy the parts yourself? Think I'm needing to replace mine at the moment as having issues with the rear passenger door! Thanks Cat 

On 8/1/2022 at 2:12 AM, Stewie1275 said:

Hi, we’re in Moray and definitely seems to be growing number in the area. 

We love ours (2.4) and the lpg route is looking appealing other than the installation cost up here so enjoy the benefits!

Stew

Hi Stew. I did see another black one in Turriff today. There's also a white on in Banff.  We used to have a, static caravan at Burghead but sold it late last year. The Alphard a kind of replacement in a way, for days out etc. Not camping... 

Lpg I've not had any issues with on previous cars.  Been running a subaru outback 3.0 for the past 5 years on it and no hassles. Plus a smug £1 a litre cheaper at the moment. Mine was converted by the dealer.  Cost to get done up here around £600 more from the 2 places I enquired at. 

48 minutes ago, raincoat_cat said:

Hi I'm down near Stirling, was wondering where you got the rear door cables replaced? Did you buy the parts yourself? Think I'm needing to replace mine at the moment as having issues with the rear passenger door! Thanks Cat 

Hi Cat. No, I asked the dealer to do it. He supplied the parts at cost price and didn't charge labour as part of the overall deal. He did say the usual cost to supply and fit is £320 a side!  Each unit seems to be well over £200, but others more expert than I might be able to source cheaper.