Jump to content

low beam bulb question


Recommended Posts

i have a 2007 alphard with Active front lights, I believe the bulb is the D2S xenon, 

 

the toyota part number is 90981-20017

 

when looking for this bulb they are about $150-$250 USD online for genuine toyota bulb

 

can i just replace with any D2S bulb instead which are a lot cheaper? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Edmxrs said:

i have a 2007 alphard with Active front lights, I believe the bulb is the D2S xenon, 

 

the toyota part number is 90981-20017

 

when looking for this bulb they are about $150-$250 USD online for genuine toyota bulb

 

can i just replace with any D2S bulb instead which are a lot cheaper? 

 

 

Hello Shaun,

 

D2S is correct, according to my JPNZ Owners Manual.

 

£120 from Amayama.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

!!!!!!!!

 

Please, just type D2S in to amazon.co.uk

 

You can get a pair of bulbs for under £20, you really dont need OEM toyota bulbs at that ridiculous price.

 

In my 20series I bought bulbs costing £16, perfectly fine and brighter than the ones they replaced (I chose a whiter light freq)

Edited by Chris.ac
Edit: so yes, your original question - you can use cheaper bulbs!
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

!!!!!!!!

 

Please, just type D2S in to amazon.co.uk

 

You can get a pair of bulbs for under £20, you really dont need OEM toyota bulbs at that ridiculous price.

 

In my 20series I bought bulbs costing £16, perfectly fine and brighter than the ones they replaced (I chose a whiter light freq)

Great, that’s what i was hoping to hear. I ordered a pair off Amazon. Cheers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Edmxrs said:

Great, that’s what i was hoping to hear. I ordered a pair off Amazon. Cheers. 

The pair I bought came with a pair of cotton gloves to prevent contaminating the glass.

Be sure to wear gloves when handling these, as any oil from skin will cause them to fail prematurely

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Edmxrs said:

Great, that’s what i was hoping to hear. I ordered a pair off Amazon. Cheers. 

I wasn't recommending them, but they were much cheaper than the ones from the US !!!

 

Well done to Chris.ac, the 'resident' electrical expert

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.