Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

fitting a rooftop monoitor

thanks , its fitting them that worries me  will i be able top do it or will; it have  to be a garage. There is a small hole in roof where i expected monitor to be. Do you think  this has  wires in  within it . 

1 minute ago, john murray said:

thanks , its fitting them that worries me  will i be able top do it or will; it have  to be a garage. There is a small hole in roof where i expected monitor to be. Do you think  this has  wires in  within it . 

How you attach the unit to the roof lining could be an issue.

I did not have one fitted, but was considering gluing a wooden plate to the ceiling for the roof  lining to pass the weight load to.

Xtrons do quite a few. Alpine too, and, as Larry says, many others.

Perhaps you could consider some hand held units if for use by children.

What unit have you removed ?

i have not removed any unit there wasn't one in this  van i bought. I thought there would have been or at least  a sign that one had been there. There is just a small hole , size of a one pence on roof in the area where it would be..   Most of ones i seen had monitors on roof. This was a good buy and its an 08.

i need to know if there will be  any  connection wires in roof area where the hole is ? . Assuming there may have been a monitor there in past as its got DVD player and it plays on the small screen when a film is put in. .

i would have to cut some of roof to get to the wires to connect to new monitor. I expect.

13 hours ago, john murray said:

i have not removed any unit there wasn't one in this  van i bought. I thought there would have been or at least  a sign that one had been there. There is just a small hole , size of a one pence on roof in the area where it would be..   Most of ones i seen had monitors on roof. This was a good buy and its an 08.

Sorry, I meant head unit, not ceiling unit !

18 hours ago, Rojie said:

How you attach the unit to the roof lining could be an issue.

I did not have one fitted, but was considering gluing a wooden plate to the ceiling for the roof  lining to pass the weight load to.

Xtrons do quite a few. Alpine too, and, as Larry says, many others.

Perhaps you could consider some hand held units if for use by children.

What unit have you removed ?

before I got old  I fitted two such units in friends owned Mazda bongos, I bonded the support brackets to the underside of the roof using bonding agents with Polumer  sealing agents (common now) tricky job as you need to support the roof lining and run the connections cables to your source