Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Headlight beams

Hi to all club members from myself, Nigel, and my good lady Shirley, we have recently become the proud owners of a stunning 2003 Alphad purchased from Paul Mundy and intend to drive down to Croatia in a couple of weeks time, I've bought some headlight beam deflectors but the Alphad isn't on the list of vehicles showing placement, can any members offer any advice on this?. Cheers.

3 hours ago, Nigel Heyward said:

Hi to all club members from myself, Nigel, and my good lady Shirley, we have recently become the proud owners of a stunning 2003 Alphad purchased from Paul Mundy and intend to drive down to Croatia in a couple of weeks time, I've bought some headlight beam deflectors but the Alphad isn't on the list of vehicles showing placement, can any members offer any advice on this?. Cheers.

Hello Nigel and Shirley,

Welcome to the Forum

• 2 months later...
On 8/27/2022 at 10:59 AM, Nigel Heyward said:

Hi Nigel, I'm just about to head off to Spain, did you manage to fit these ok? Cheers

Hi Alfie, in the end due to time constraints and lack of information, I took the van to my local garage, who, for a quick £20 Bung, fitted them using their beam adjuster apparatus, since returning to the UK, I removed the deflectors, which left behind the sticky marks, now I know where to fit new ones in Spring when I have to go back. Have a great trip to Spain.

Hi all, and specifically Alfie, here is an idea of the positioning of headlight beam deflectors for European driving, I had these fitted at my local garage and as you can see I have since removed them, but fortunately haven't cleaned off the residue, hopefully this may help with members fitting for themselves.

IMG_20221106_135753.jpg

IMG_20221106_135748.jpg

IMG_20221106_135734.jpg

IMG_20221106_135728.jpg

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, Nigel Heyward said:

Hi all, and specifically Alfie, here is an idea of the positioning of headlight beam deflectors for European driving, I had these fitted at my local garage and as you can see I have since removed them, but fortunately haven't cleaned off the residue, hopefully this may help with members fitting for themselves.

IMG_20221106_135753.jpg

IMG_20221106_135748.jpg

IMG_20221106_135734.jpg

IMG_20221106_135728.jpg

I did a similar thing on one of my other cars.

Bought the stickers, went to my local MOT station and had them fit them.

Certainly a cheap approach rather than making a mess of it yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I mentioned in another thread, that you align them with the mark on the headlamp lens (in your photos, you can see a small round circle on the headlamp glass. 

That's the beam centre, so glad that aligns with the garage beam adjuster equipment! 

I think I mentioned in another thread, that you align them with the mark on the headlamp lens (in your photos, you can see a small round circle on the headlamp glass. 

That's the beam centre, so glad that aligns with the garage beam adjuster equipment! 

Might have been on a 20 series post, the 20 series has small dimple marks on the inner surface of the lens. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2022 at 2:03 PM, Nigel Heyward said:

IMG_20221106_135753.jpg

IMG_20221106_135748.jpg

IMG_20221106_135734.jpg

IMG_20221106_135728.jpg

Is yours flat beam? From what I understand, if they are flat beam, there is no need for the deflectors?

• 3 months later...