Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Door / Tailgate bleep

On 9/23/2022 at 7:30 PM, Philllx said:

Cheers Chris , how do you change it

2 options, a BT OBD2 dongle that is Japanese market compatible, and an app on phone/tablet (Carscanner), or a VCI cable and techstream software (Ebay sell these for under £50 - it can adjust all the user servicable settings, read all the diagnostic codes and program keyfobs)

Cheapest route is the OBD2 dongle, should cost under £20, the android software can read codes, and set the options, you lose the keyfob programming option, but how many times will that be used.

I have both, I leave the dongle attached, so can connect anytime and see fuel trim levels, etc.

Edited by Chris.ac

On 9/24/2022 at 9:04 PM, Chris.ac said:

2 options, a BT OBD2 dongle that is Japanese market compatible, and an app on phone/tablet (Carscanner), or a VCI cable and techstream software (Ebay sell these for under £50 - it can adjust all the user servicable settings, read all the diagnostic codes and program keyfobs)

Cheapest route is the OBD2 dongle, should cost under £20, the android software can read codes, and set the options, you lose the keyfob programming option, but how many times will that be used.

I have both, I leave the dongle attached, so can connect anytime and see fuel trim levels, etc.

I just looked for a scanner on Amazon and there are many. Which one are you using?

I really want to get rid of the beep. It wakes a whole lot of people on a campsite when getting up for relief in the middle of the night. 😶

2 hours ago, Chajoma said:

I just looked for a scanner on Amazon and there are many. Which one are you using?

I really want to get rid of the beep. It wakes a whole lot of people on a campsite when getting up for relief in the middle of the night. 😶

you always have option of turning off power doors = no beep.

2 hours ago, Chajoma said:

I bought this techsteam and dongle, you need a laptop to use it

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124808047632?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=e2zvldr0qu6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=l_Ov49c3Q-O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chajoma said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124808047632?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=e2zvldr0qu6&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=l_Ov49c3Q-O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

my bt one looks like this, I bought it back in 2013, so I don't have exact look any more.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134086659995?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yekqx0garis&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=l_Ov49c3Q-O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Edited by Chris.ac
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chris.ac said:

my bt one looks like this, I bought it back in 2013, so I don't have exact look any more.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/134086659995?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=yekqx0garis&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=l_Ov49c3Q-O&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Thanks Chris. Does the BT one allow you to make changes of just to view data?

5 minutes ago, Chajoma said:

Last questions: Where is the socket you plug it into? Do you leave it plugged in all the time?

if you look up under the drivers side footwell, near the right side, it should be there.

I leave mine connected (2010 model), send have had no problems with battery draining even when left standing for a week.

It means I can always fire up car scanner or another app like torque, and have some additional data displayed on phone

• Like 1

You can set things like internal courtesy lights turn on as you approach doors, the level of external light for the auto headlight mode to switch on or off, how long to wait before the headlights come on (so going through a short tunnel during day doesnt activate lights), you can set the beep volume and if it is single beep or repeating beep.

You can set auto door locking if you accidentally press unlock on the fob and do not open the door within x number of seconds.

You can set the doors to auto lock/unlock when you move into and out of 'park' on the gear selector, or when above a certain speed.

You can set a delta offset for the thermostat for the AC/heating, and hoe the AC acts on auto mode.

Useful is the option to close or open all windows when holding button on remote or door.

Quite a few options.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Doors and tailgate now bleep just once, bought the techstream software and cable from ebay, had a few problems installing as my laptop is 64bit,  searched and followed this guide all works great using virtual box. 

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/how-to-techstream-in-5-minutes.1034923/

I'll try again installing on my laptop at some point but it doesn't seem to like the 64bit windows.

12 hours ago, Philllx said:

I got supplied version 17, using the v12 on the link which may as well stick with I presume the newer version techstream won't give any more options than the v12.

Correct, the newer version would be useful if you had a 30 series. 

I tried both versions, no new options, so don't waste your time trying to get the 64bit drivers working etc.