Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi folks I need help your again, I cant get my iPhone to connect to my Alphard 2004 MZG, in the videos I have found it shows the bluetooth symbol on the cars screen however I cant find It on mine, I dont want to change the head as it supposedly looses my front and rear cameras, that I find quite useful, anybody got over or around this problem, HELP PLEASE 

Edited by andrew sparks

21 hours ago, andrew sparks said:

Hi folks I need help your again, I cant get my iPhone to connect to my Alphard 2004 MZG, in the videos I have found it shows the bluetooth symbol on the cars screen however I cant find It on mine, I dont want to change the head as it supposedly looses my front and rear cameras, that I find quite useful, anybody got over or around this problem, HELP PLEASE 

Hi Andrew,

I may be able to help you with this if your head unit is the same as mine.

I have a 2006 MZ G Edition.

If it is, it is a good unit, although many do upgrade.

Can you attach a photo please.

You may wish to look at eightseater.blog.com.

If you have the appropriate HDD unit the site is very useful.

Please confirm your van is a Gen 1 (2004); not Gen 2 (2008) and I will correct your header.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I can confirm that my car is in fact 2004 I think that makes it a Gen 1, but as you might have guessed I'm very new to Alphards, sorry abut the quality of the photo but my phone doesn't seem to want to upload today, probably operator error, this is one I had previously, if its not good enough please let me know and I will get better ones for you.

Kindest regards

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I got the photo open. Thanks.

Looks fine.

Unfortunately, that is not the unit I have.

As my van is the facelifted version I expect I have a later model HDD unit.

Best I can offer is eightseater.blog.com

I used that website to set up my Android phone, and I know there was an Apple option.

As a postscript, the Gen 1 units (i am informed) cannot be changed to English; so that is not an avenue to pursue.