Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Front & rear external mirrors

2 hours ago, Kevan said:

The front & rear external mirrors are dull and difficult to view a decent image

Can mirrors be re-glazed or replaced?

Hi Kevan,

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you mean the wing mirrors, and rear view mirror; a tail gate mirror, or the small mirror on the front wing.

Toyotalphardepc.com will get you the correct part numbers for OEM replacement parts.

31 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Hi,

It’s the tailgate mirror & the small front wing

Thanks

Hi Kevan,

I don't have a tail gate mirror, and I understand they can be a real pig to remove !

In my limited experience of the tail gate mirror tends to be fitted to older vehicles, therefore they may be available from recyclers.

I think you are the first person that I have come across that admits to using the tiny wing mounted mirror.

Toyotaplhard.epc.com is the site to find your OEM parts. Or https://toyota.epc-data.com/alphard/

There is a good link to Amayama who can supply them.

If you send your VIN to Picasso he will probably supply you with the correct part numbers

• 1 year later...

Bit late to the party but my early 2008 2.4 AS had a rear view mirror.  I removed it as whilst it was quite useful, asthetically I didnt like it and had a rear view camera anyway.

So long as you have the right tools (notably the right size sockets, one of which has to be long reach to get to some of the bolts) it's actually not too bad a job to do, fiddly but not bad.  I think it probably took me 30/40 mins to get it removed and all back together.  Breaking trim clips on the boot trim is the biggest risk.  Rear end looks far tidier without it, you'll just be left with a small half moon hole where the arm used to be.  There are blanking covers you can get for them but they are like moon dust!

As to the front wing unit, mine is in excellent condition but I find it as good as useless for helping with parking anyway, the minute it gets slightly dirty you can't see much out of it anyways.  Perhaps I'm not using it properly I don't know 😆  I'd get it removed if it wasn't a quirky JDM trinket and I could be bothered to go to the cost of the bodywork involved to delete it.  I expect you could source a replacement through Toyota (probably won't be cheap) or on eBay (though may be no better than what you have and/or need painting).

• 2 weeks later...