Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2008 Toyota Alphard E - four Hybrid AWD

Hi there. I just bought a 2008 Toyota Alphard E - four Hybrid AWD. I would like to know where the battery is located. Also can I put an after market stereo console in without effecting any of the electronics or on board system. I also what to convert it into a camper, can I install a duel deep cell battery with inverter and solo panel?

7 hours ago, Zane said:

Hi there. I just bought a 2008 Toyota Alphard E - four Hybrid AWD. I would like to know where the battery is located. Also can I put an after market stereo console in without effecting any of the electronics or on board system. I also what to convert it into a camper, can I install a duel deep cell battery with inverter and solo panel?

Hello Zane,

Welcome to the Forum

Hi, the 12v battery on my 2005 hybrid is in the centre console between the two front seats- the access cover is at the back of the console.

See picture attached. Can't answer the other queries although I think you have to keep the existing hifi due to having info on the hybrid system and the camera connections if you have front, side and rear cameras.

image.jpeg.efff1783d5a1a0fc18a747111e6191e5.jpeg

Great, Thanks for that! I wish I could order an English or upgraded one from Toyota, not even sure how to contact Toyota Japan. It's a nice ride, but my music is life for me, I should have done more research before I made the purchase, haha

I believe you should have a bluetooth connection so you can connect your phone or pad- I have never used it but my dealer gave me a device that plugged into the 12v socket and played music from his phone- I think there is a video on the forum showing how to connect to bluetooth. Cheers

Hi Zane

Your photo doesn't show your head unit.

If you have the HDD head unit you will be able to set up your phone via Bluetooth.

Try eightseater.blocspot.com as he has put up a very useful guide to its use, and in English

13 hours ago, PaulE said:

I believe you should have a bluetooth connection so you can connect your phone or pad- I have never used it but my dealer gave me a device that plugged into the 12v socket and played music from his phone- I think there is a video on the forum showing how to connect to bluetooth. Cheers

Yes, thanks I have connected the Bluetooth to my phone, but it's only for hands free calling. cant play Spotify for example. 

11 hours ago, Rojie said:

Hi Zane

Your photo doesn't show your head unit.

If you have the HDD head unit you will be able to set up your phone via Bluetooth.

Try eightseater.bloc.com as he has put up a very useful guide to its use, and in English

20221021_134307.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 11:49 AM, PaulE said:

12v socket device - that's a good solution. Also USB port if you need it. Mine works a treat via the radio.