Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Body kit interferes with jack? costco given up

Body kit marked 1 interferes with the lack!

Distance from ground is too low to put jack, even low profile one from costco.

Anyone has this problem? Can you please recommend Jack that is low profile for body kit Alphard Vellfire and is bees knees! It is nightmare to not be able to use Jack to lift the car.

Costco have in fact refused to install tyres as they say it is too low profile. Nightmare 

AD98E06A-9808-46D1-AC7E-EA5D2FFD01A8.jpeg

1 minute ago, Picasso said:

It's possible the vehicle has lowered suspension so not standard if you give me a reg no. I might be able to tell you 

I see, that's interesting thought. Lowered suspension?

Is not registered yet so can't tell the reg yet. I might ask some mechanic to look at the suspension and give his opinion..

Just now, Picasso said:

If you gott a vin no. I can tell by that other option is you got sport suspension check your dash see if you have a button so you can alter the ride hight of the vehicle 

No there is no such button. I'll pm you 

8 hours ago, Picasso said:

When I bought my alphard it had lowered suspension I had it put back to standard cost of parts cost me £1200 all new parts 

Looking at the suspension after removing the front wheel it seemed to be normal suspension.

Only the rubber bit covering it seemed heavily deteriorated. I wonder if anything can be done to it? Cover it with something, if it's not easy to replace the rubber?

63684C71-B6FE-4ECF-82C1-4C7D53B8E3AC.jpeg

A3EB4C6E-59E0-4E8F-AE14-D653609921A5.jpeg

38 minutes ago, Picasso said:

Your going to have to replace the boot 

Is "boot" the rubber bit that's deteriorated? I was wondering if it can be a) ordered online and b) replaced without having to do massive surgery?

Or some common tweak to fix this for next couple of years till the suspension hydraulic bits or springs needs changing when we have access to it..

39 minutes ago, Teekay said:

Is "boot" the rubber bit that's deteriorated? I was wondering if it can be a) ordered online and b) replaced without having to do massive surgery?

Or some common tweak to fix this for next couple of years till the suspension hydraulic bits or springs needs changing when we have access to it..

Hi Teekay,

I know you have just received your Alphie, so it's early days yet.

I would be concerned about this, as it indicates, to me at least, a lack of care and maintenance.

Assuming you are not a mechanic, I would have a very competent mechanic, or the RAC or AA, do a thorough examination of the vehicle.

Has it been MOTd and registered yet ?