Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Replacement Radio,

Hi All, 

I'm newish to the group. I have a 2005 Alphard G. 

I need to get a new Radio/entertainment system with integral Sat Nav and reversing camera. 

Can anyone suggest one please. 

Also does anyone know of a reputable garage in Derbyshire who can help me. 

Many thanks Mary 

2 hours ago, Mary999 said:

Hi All, 

I'm newish to the group. I have a 2005 Alphard G. 

I need to get a new Radio/entertainment system with integral Sat Nav and reversing camera. 

Can anyone suggest one please. 

Also does anyone know of a reputable garage in Derbyshire who can help me. 

Many thanks Mary 

Hello Mary,

Your question is one of the most asked on this Forum.

May I respectfully request you search for Radio Replacement, and similar, on this Forum.

The search box is at the top right on your home screen

Hi, I’ve been looking at a replacement radio too, it’s been suggested that the the best one to go for is the Pioneer DA 160 with reverse camera, had a quick look on Google and it seems to get good reviews

It has Apple CarPlay & Android Auto so can connect to your phone etc as far as I know.

Edited by Johns-Alphie
Update

1 hour ago, Mary999 said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely look into the one you have suggested

Cheers Mary 

Hey mary

Theres this one guy based in brum called ben hau, its about £250 for him to install apple car play/ android auto into your alphards original headunit without messing with any of the original screens or features, its just applied to the video channel screen, so you can tap in and out when you want. You can find him on facebook 

Hope this helps in some way

Charlie

1 hour ago, Mary999 said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely look into the one you have suggested

Cheers Mary 

Your welcome Mary, I’m still looking for option’s myself , charliec suggestion is worth following but I’m struggling with converting everything into English so will most likely replace the unit eventually 

john

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mary, we got the dealer to fit the Pioneer unit into the car, seems to work ok apart from the steering wheel controls that no longer work, apparently they couldn’t find an interface cable for this within my budget (they quoted around £200+ on top of the cost of the unit) will have to do some more homework, we just got the car today after a lengthy delay following the conversion so still working out how everything works.

john

Hi John, 

I have also had a pioneer dab with reversing camera, my steering wheel controls are redundant now too. The radio and hands free phone work really well. 

I was rather p.... d off with theauto electrician as he didn't hook up the reversing camera, telling me that the camera didn't work with the pioneer 🙄 

• 2 months later...