Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Replacement Hybrid Battery Cells

Hi, 

My 2006 2.4 petrol Hybrid Alphard stoped and refused to start and run for more than a few seconds, to cut a long story short the technician at the garage in Grimsby found that the road battery was dead and that there was a fault in one of the cells in pack2.He has now identified the faulty cell does any one know where he would be able to purchase a replacement. Any help would be appreciated I don’t think distance should be a problem as if discharged fully the cell could be curriered to the garage.

Hi

i just had the same on my 2004 Hybrid and got it towed to UK Hybrid Automotive in Perivale, West London. They had to replace the entire hybrid battery, despite the initial diagnosis that it was just a faulty cell. Expensive and I’m regretting the hybrid decision intensely!

Anyway - to answer your question UK Hybrid in London might sort it for you

4 hours ago, CharlieAlphaWhiskey said:

Hi

i just had the same on my 2004 Hybrid and got it towed to UK Hybrid Automotive in Perivale, West London. They had to replace the entire hybrid battery, despite the initial diagnosis that it was just a faulty cell. Expensive and I’m regretting the hybrid decision intensely!

Anyway - to answer your question UK Hybrid in London might sort it for you

Hello Clare,

Welcome to the Forum.

Sorry your recent experiences have been so bad you feel the way you do.

Hopefully, now your Alphie has new batteries it will provide you with wonderful experiences for many years to come.

40 minutes ago, derek sullivan said:

the joys of having a hybrid, guy in Topsham, Devon knows his stuff, guess thats a distance from you, good luck in your search all the same

The 'Guy in Topsham' is probably Joseph at Topsham Car Sales.

He has been importing Bongos for ages and Alphie for almost as long.