Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

ANH 20 Vellfire. 8 seater to 7 seat swap wanted

Hi all - I’ve just bought a 2008 3.5l Vellfire with the middle seat being a 3 person bench seat. Looking to swap out for two basic captains chairs (not the airline seats). Does any body know if A) this is possible, and b) where I can source? Alphard breakers? Someone looking to swap the other way? Any help appreciated! 

FB769BE8-0161-45A9-B128-9D71D6B4C90E.jpeg

680A4521-38C8-499F-9504-00D683EE75A3.jpeg

6 hours ago, RXtoAL said:

Hi all - I’ve just bought a 2008 3.5l Vellfire with the middle seat being a 3 person bench seat. Looking to swap out for two basic captains chairs (not the airline seats). Does any body know if A) this is possible, and b) where I can source? Alphard breakers? Someone looking to swap the other way? Any help appreciated! 

FB769BE8-0161-45A9-B128-9D71D6B4C90E.jpeg

680A4521-38C8-499F-9504-00D683EE75A3.jpeg

I have a Gen 1 facelift; not the same as yours.

On the Gen 1 the seat rails are different between the 7 and 8 seaters.

I cannot tell from you photos. 

If the distance between the rails is exactly equal on both seats, you should be OK.

If they are different, you will need to change the seat rail of the inner one under the 'bench' seat.

My guess is you have five seats rails. The 7 seater has only four. These four rails are shared with the rearmost seats too.

I suggest you examine a 7 seater first. It is doable; but not quite as straight forward as might appear at first.

Good Luck