Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Engine replacement 2.4L 2AZ- FE for 2.4L 2AZ FXE ? ?

Hi to Forum members and high regards to forum Admins and contributors.

Apology for a long narrative before coming to the topic, but it may potentially save a member heavy cost. My entry and introduction to Alphard world  turned out to be a rather tragic one.

We couldn't afford normal market prices so got exited to see Alphard Hybrid Camper on a well known salvage auction(CP) so won the auction twice (due to high reserve),I was happy to buy it since had studied the damage (dented doors) Photos and the Codes CAT 'N' and 'R' (Run & drives) their conditions many time over before bidding 1s time hence did not go through details the 2nd run a week later when i won the car but had to wait another week before seller approved to accept winning bid. (the vehicle status was changed before it came back to 2nd auction run or they did it after i can't confirm it. Despite on Screen Auction codes still stating Cat CODES  'R'  'N' Auction house(CP) said they sold it CAT S and as NUN RUNNER (🤥???. After paying hefty fees and big delivery cost from SANDWICH to near DARLINGTON, My Excitement evaporated soon after learning that car will not RUN even with new AUX battery or JUMP. the READY sign flashes momentarily then starter attempts start making WIRRNG/Humming or Zooming ?? Noise then everything dies, we tried to turn the engine with Hand/spanner but its very hard to turn. we believe it may have seized. 

Now coming to Topic, I looked at options 1- buy a 2nd Hand engine or      2- buy Rebuild kit and recondition the engine                      (both available on the market)

However almost all Used Engines and rebuild Kits on sale are for engine code  2AZ-FE  but Code on ours (2006 REG Alphard hybrid ) and i believe all 1st gen hybrids are 2AZ- FXE .

I know after research that 2AZ had 3 vacations so far 1-FE     2- FSE        3- FXE.

So kindly guide me way forward ie How to correctly diagnose it and if cooked buying engine or correct kit to rebuild and where from? 

Regards

A

Edited by ALFY

42 minutes ago, ALFY said:

Hi to Forum members and high regards to forum Admins and contributors.

Apology for a long narrative before coming to the topic, but it may potentially save a member heavy cost. My entry and introduction to Alphard world  turned out to be a rather tragic one.

We couldn't afford normal market prices so got exited to see Alphard Hybrid Camper on a well known salvage auction(CP) so won the auction twice (due to high reserve),I was happy to buy it since had studied the damage (dented doors) Photos and the Codes CAT 'N' and 'R' (Run & drives) their conditions many time over before bidding 1s time hence did not go through details the 2nd run a week later when i won the car but had to wait another week before seller approved to accept winning bid. (the vehicle status was changed before it came back to 2nd auction run or they did it after i can't confirm it. Despite on Screen Auction codes still stating Cat CODES  'R'  'N' Auction house(CP) said they sold it CAT S and as NUN RUNNER (🤥???. After paying hefty fees and big delivery cost from SANDWICH to near DARLINGTON, My Excitement evaporated soon after learning that car will not RUN even with new AUX battery or JUMP. the READY sign flashes momentarily then starter attempts start making WIRRNG/Humming or Zooming ?? Noise then everything dies, we tried to turn the engine with Hand/spanner but its very hard to turn. we believe it may have seized. 

Now coming to Topic, I looked at options 1- buy a 2nd Hand engine or      2- buy Rebuild kit and recondition the engine                      (both available on the market)

However almost all Used Engines and rebuild Kits on sale are for engine code  2AZ-FE  but Code on ours (2006 REG Alphard hybrid ) and i believe all 1st gen hybrids are 2AZ- FXE .

I know after research that 2AZ had 3 vacations so far 1-FE     2- FSE        3- FXE.

So kindly guide me way forward ie How to correctly diagnose it and if cooked buying engine or correct kit to rebuild and where from? 

Regards

A

Hello Alphy,

Welcome to the Forum.

So sorry to read your 'Tale of Woe'.

Hopefully, you will get some quick and helpful replies.

If not, within a few days, I will refer this to one of our learned members who may be able to help you

The fse won't work it's a direct injection engine they didn't fit to the Alphard, I think you will need fxe only the hybrid had lower compression pistons and lots of other changes 

1 hour ago, Rojie said:

Hello Alphy,

Welcome to the Forum.

So sorry to read your 'Tale of Woe'.

Hopefully, you will get some quick and helpful replies.

If not, within a few days, I will refer this to one of our learned members who may be able to help you

Thank you very much sir

49 minutes ago, Liam said:

The fse won't work it's a direct injection engine they didn't fit to the Alphard, I think you will need fxe only the hybrid had lower compression pistons and lots of other changes 

Thank you Liam , thought so