Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Advice sought by potential owner

Scrolin

I am seriously considering buying an Alphard campervan and have joined the forum seeking advice to help in my choice

First off, a hybrid seems attractive for the economy but I have some concerns there

1. At over 8 years old the drive battery could be getting towards the end of its life. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

2. I've heard of people having problems with the 12v battery when the vehicle is little used (I believe the hybrid has a smaller 12v battery). Being retired I generally use the car just 2, 3 or 4 times a week and that only about 4 miles each way. Am I likely to have similar problems?

Secondly, if not a hybrid, should I go for the 2.4 or th 3 litre?

And finally, do members have any recommendations for dealers near to me (Hampshire)

Thanks in advance

Chris

P.S. A face to face chat with an Alphard camper owner would be very welcome

59 minutes ago, Scrolin said:

I am seriously considering buying an Alphard campervan and have joined the forum seeking advice to help in my choice

First off, a hybrid seems attractive for the economy but I have some concerns there

1. At over 8 years old the drive battery could be getting towards the end of its life. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

2. I've heard of people having problems with the 12v battery when the vehicle is little used (I believe the hybrid has a smaller 12v battery). Being retired I generally use the car just 2, 3 or 4 times a week and that only about 4 miles each way. Am I likely to have similar problems?

Secondly, if not a hybrid, should I go for the 2.4 or th 3 litre?

And finally, do members have any recommendations for dealers near to me (Hampshire)

Thanks in advance

Chris

P.S. A face to face chat with an Alphard camper owner would be very welcome

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the Forum