Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Checked online and pleased to find out that my 2007 2,4ltr  is exempt  from the ultra low emissions charges .  What i find unacceptable/  its based  on the age of your vehicle and even if you had it converted to LPG  it wouldn't be exempt, even though you would have easily met the omissions criteria.   

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Chad said:

Checked online and pleased to find out that my 2007 2,4ltr  is exempt  from the ultra low emissions charges .  What i find unacceptable/  its based  on the age of your vehicle and even if you had it converted to LPG  it wouldn't be exempt, even though you would have easily met the omissions criteria.   

I'm guessing that accepting emissions measurement evidence from a garage is open to fraud and probably not worth the admin for a handful of vehicles, relatively speaking.

However, it is possible to provide alternative evidence for ULEZ exemption from the manufacturer in the form of a homologation certificate. Unfortunately I don't know if that is available for early Alphards of which mine is one.

• Like 1

I take on board what you say ,most things are open to fraud, but when  I had my vehicle converted  by an approved installer it was registered on the online official lpg conversion site. I sent the certificate and warranty with my log book to Dvla to change it to read bi fuel. With that you would have thought the local authorities would exempt your vehicle. But I dare say in the end they just want the money.  If you think about it they say they want clean air but they will forgo that if you pay.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Andyx said:

Apparently you Can have your vehicle tested by this place and if it passes your vehicle is place on the ulez list.

https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=17389716

My understanding is that prior to the Gen 1 facelift, 2005, your machine will not be, officially, compliant; whether it is or not.