Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2004 Alphard cig lighter fuse replacement

Really struggling to find our 2004 Alphard cigarette lighter fuse.

Everything I have read (online, and p.284 of the JPNZ manual) seems to suggest that this fuse is located on a fuse box in behind the passenger side glove compartment and that it's supposed to be a 15A fuse numbered 25 on that panel.

However, after lifting out the glove compartment door I can't see anything resembling a fuse box in there.

The JPNZ manual does say "Consult your Toyota dealer when you need to check or replace fuses in this box" which seems somewhat extreme.

Can anybody assist please?

Thanks

Tom

• 3 months later...

The Alphard fuses that are behind the passenger lower glove box are hidden.

First remove the door of the glove box and the small panel right in the front corner next to the door, there is a plastic covered screw that has to be removed to get the small panel out, no tools just unscrew with your fingers.This panel also has the fuse diagram printed on it.

At first inspection it looks like there are no fuses present, but if you get yourself a torch and get right under the panel and look up,you will see the fuses,they face down towards the floor. 

Once you have found them good luck getting to them as there is not much room.

• Thanks 3

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

😀 Hey Mike I managed to change my fuse, but seems to be fault  in the wiring 🤔 as cigarette lighter still not working, but managed  to buy 2 Japanese usb plugs that fit into the middle AC100 sockets so all good for now 😀

On 4/26/2023 at 6:29 PM, Lorraine said:

😀 Hey Mike I managed to change my fuse, but seems to be fault  in the wiring 🤔 as cigarette lighter still not working, but managed  to buy 2 Japanese usb plugs that fit into the middle AC100 sockets so all good for now 😀

There is a white plug connected to the cig lighter bottom its flimsy fastening and liable to fall off, even with just plugging and unplugging stuff in lighter socket. Carefully prise up the facia and lift slightly on lighter side you will see it

• 1 month later...

Hi I need help please i have alphard 2.4 hybrid 2005 Japan model 

just I change my dame light and now dame light not working key remote not working only I’m opening the door manually and find fuse in engine side all was fine in car driver side I find all was good just I can’t see any fuse on passenger side??

8 hours ago, Fered said:

Hi I need help please i have alphard 2.4 hybrid 2005 Japan model 

just I change my dame light and now dame light not working key remote not working only I’m opening the door manually and find fuse in engine side all was fine in car driver side I find all was good just I can’t see any fuse on passenger side??

Passenger side really hard to see. remove lower glove box, remove trim panel to left of footwell (there is plastic nut holding trim) you will need a torch and long nose pliers. you have to get under the tight space and look up using torch. Fuses on passenger side face downwards towards floor so you wont see them unless you get right under where lower glove box is. The plastic trim you remove has fuse list and position of fuse on a label at the back of the trim, the plastic nut can be removed using just fingers.

The thing that puzzles me is why your key fob isnt working, check light comes on on fob when you press it if not change battery.

Edited by atlanticcobra2023
typo error

• 5 months later...
18 minutes ago, DADDYLOVEKISS said:

I HAVE A TOYOTA ALPHARD ANH10W WHEN TURNING ON HEATING FRONT BLOWS COLD BUT  REAR BLOWS HOT ? IV'E REPLACED THE THERMOSTATE AND REFILLED WITH SPESIFIED COOLANT BUT TO NO AVAIL ANYBODY HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS.

Hello Robin,

Welcome to the Forum.

This thread isn't really pertinent to your issue.

I respectfully suggest you use the search box on your home page (top right).

Search for heater flap valve or heater problems.

From memory, you are not the first to experience this problem.

I am sure there is a fix within this forum.

Good Luck