Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

LPG conversion?

Hi,

I'm just buying a 2015 2.4L Alphard Hybrid and was considering an LPG conversion as well. I've been reading about vave seat wear problems with some Toyotas and was wondering if anyone could offer me any advice based on their experience of this? Are there particular LPG systems which are better for Alphards? Should I just avoid doing this? All advice gratefully accepted!

• 5 months later...

Hi BeeeBeee,

We had our 2007 3.0L Aphard converted to LPG 2 years ago. The system recommended by our installer was Prins and as part of the conversion he installed a valve lubrication bottle, which I gather is to address valve wear. Pleased with the fuel consumption, particularly on long runs, but we've not done enough mileage since then to tell whether the valve seats will wear.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi BeeeBeee 

I have my car converted 2 and half years ago and had the valve saver system put in to which I have made 2 trips one to Benidorm and one to Italy and never had a problem as long as you get it serviced every year you won’t have a problem at all as I have done a lot of miles and the trip to Benidorm I was towing a caravan if you look at my pics you can see it and it’s cheaper than just petrol hope this helps you