Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

New vellfire owner - Tesla style screen from dvdgpsnav.com?

Hi everyone, new Vellfire 2008 owner here, new to the forum a well.

Just got our Vellfire 3 days ago and looking at replacing the head unit (an apparently quite rare NHZT-W58G) for potentially one of those tesla-looking screens. I have seen the one from dvdgpsnav.com being touted around in the forum, so I was wondering if anyone has one of them and, if so, what would be their opinion on it and long term review. Good, bad?

Any intel appreciated as I'm considering it at the moment.

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, kroniksan said:

Just got our Vellfire 3 days ago and looking at replacing the head unit (an apparently quite rare NHZT-W58G) for potentially one of those tesla-looking screens. I have seen the one from dvdgpsnav.com being touted around in the forum, so I was wondering if anyone has one of them and, if so, what would be their opinion on it and long term review. Good, bad?

Thank you!

Hello David,

Welcome to the Forum and Vellfire ownership.

41 minutes ago, kroniksan said:

Anyone has any thoughts?

The Tesla style screens are unbranded chinese junk. Look on Alixpress - hundreds that are exactly the same but with a different brand. Don't expect them to last very long.

If you're going to go for Android head unit, go for a good brand like Joying, EKIY, Atoto, Xtrons, Teyes etc

Edited by Babu

Thanks for that Babu. I'm attracted by ease of installation since I'm likely to install it myself and I don't want to lose the usual rear camera, wheel controls, etc. Do you know if there's an easy way to connect the head units from these brands you mention?

Thanks!

On 5/7/2023 at 2:09 PM, kroniksan said:

Thank you!

I have got one and installed this last year

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/toyota-alphard-head-unit-replacement-android-radio-upgrade-navigation-multimedia-system-tesla-style/

I did not receive an installation manual but installation is plug and play, it supports my steering wheel controls, 360 cameras, and roof screen.

29 minutes ago, alplin said:

https://www.dvdgpsnav.com/blog/toyota-alphard-head-unit-replacement-android-radio-upgrade-navigation-multimedia-system-tesla-style/

I did not receive an installation manual but installation is plug and play, it supports my steering wheel controls, 360 cameras, and roof screen.

Oh that's great to know. How's the performance on it? Been told by a local installer to avoid android tablets like this and go for the usual Alpines and Pioneers that cost 2x as much and you need the cabling on top..

On 5/11/2023 at 8:34 AM, alplin said:

By any chance ,do you have any pictures taken for connections done, I have been sent couple by dvdgpsnav along with a separate loom which I will need for my backdrop monitor but not convinced on how would it connect to car,my back screen drop is controlled through the screen so no manual pull option

2ce8fe2579ecea377f45e36c6d7b812.png

0cb46e2ffecc35202c8f4b1f14e32f3.png

• 8 months later...

i have one installed myself bought from dvdgpsnav. no instruction but its all there as above in the forum and whatsapp their tech support and they will answer, bear in mind the time difference in china. i wouldnt call it "junk" as it serves the purpose with much more as it is basically an android unit. its a personal preference with the branded ones, but this unit comes with all the necessary harnesses especially if you have a 18 speaker system, the harness will cost you hundreds just for this in uk. that was one of the reason i opted for this unit. and it also works with the roof tv too.