Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Hi, new Alphard owner here!

Hi folks,

Became the proud owner of a very nice condition 2008 Alphard V Platinum Selection 2.4 today.

Its actually had a full professionally installed rear kitchen conversion and pop top done by the previous keepers - we've bought it primarily for camping but will double up as my personal wheels.

I'll have stacks of questions for you all no doubt, so you'll be hearing from me!

Cheers

Paul (South Coast)

9 hours ago, pipsyp said:

Hi folks,

Became the proud owner of a very nice condition 2008 Alphard V Platinum Selection 2.4 today.

Its actually had a full professionally installed rear kitchen conversion and pop top done by the previous keepers - we've bought it primarily for camping but will double up as my personal wheels.

I'll have stacks of questions for you all no doubt, so you'll be hearing from me!

Cheers

Paul (South Coast)

Hello Paul,

Welcome to the Forum.

There's lots of info within these pages.

So you'll have plenty of reading to do.

• 1 month later...

Bit of an update on the Alphard.

Just been in the garage to have a major service (done with all genuine Toyota parts), new radiator (the old one had split again genuine), ARB D link bushes and a new diff seal (again all genuine) as it was found to be leaking a bit of gear oil from one side.  Also had a tyre replaced so they are now all a matching set, not of tyres I'd have personally chosen, but matching all the same!

I did buy a set of steering column bushes, but my garage couldn't fault them so didn't replace them.  It still has a bit of a knock, which feels like it's coming from the higher end of the column so will need looking at down the line again.  Bit annoying as it was one thing I'd hope would be sorted but hey ho.

I did also get a couple of door reflectors from Toyota so no more hole in the passenger door and I have a spare incase the other one decides to fall out!

As to the van otherwise, really enjoying it.  I've not had a chance to camp in it yet, but the wife and kids have and really like it.  It's pleasant to drive, part of me now would have preferred a V6 one, but the 2.4 does the job and is actually surprisingly peppy and economical given the weight it's hauling around.  Suits it's demeanor very well I think as it's certainly not sporty to drive in any sense despite the bodykit lol.

Disappointingly the drivelodge pop top has LED lights in it which have failed, it by all accounts has a 5 year warranty so am going to look into how I can get that resolved.

Also have found that whilst it has a 16amp hook up, it doesn't have a charger so literally just runs the mains voltage outlets in the van.  It has a fridge freezer which kicks the ass out of the leisure battery pretty quickly unless you run the vehicle (as it does have a split charging relay) so am looking at buying a Victron unit of some sort that can be spliced into the existing consumer unit and used to smart charge the vehicle and leisure batteries when on hook up.

Now it's freshly serviced and nicely reliable looking forward to getting it away and doing some miles in it.