Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Power window fault

2 hours ago, Jimmy72 said:

Hi my passenger side window went down but won't come back up does anyone now what to do do I check the fuse first if so we're abouts is it cheers 

Hello Jimmy,

Welcome to the Forum.

Has you battery been disconnected ?

Thanks for the welcome no the battery hasn't been disconnected the engine was running my daughter put the window down and it wouldn't go back up but about a week ago I went to start my car it o started but was a bit jumpy then went fine after about 30 seconds but I lost all my radio stations the clock went to zero and both trip a and b had reset it's self cheers

Check your battery connections they might seem tight had similar problem bumped up kerb and would not start windows reset and clock rac came out and tightened battery loose connection 

2 hours ago, Jimmy72 said:

Thanks for the welcome no the battery hasn't been disconnected the engine was running my daughter put the window down and it wouldn't go back up but about a week ago I went to start my car it o started but was a bit jumpy then went fine after about 30 seconds but I lost all my radio stations the clock went to zero and both trip a and b had reset it's self cheers

As Picasso says, it does sound as your battery was disconnected briefly.

Ensure your battery is fully charged too

Sorry for the late reply I haven't had chance to check battery yet as I have been on nights but I tried it this morning and it worked fine going to check battery and connection's tomorrow afternoon will post if find anything cheers Jimmy 

Hi thief fault I had the other week has come back I was taking to a guy in work and he said check the earth lead from the negative to the chassis could anyone point in the right direction to wear the earthing points are please cheers Jimmy 

58 minutes ago, Jimmy72 said:

Hi thief fault I had the other week has come back I was taking to a guy in work and he said check the earth lead from the negative to the chassis could anyone point in the right direction to wear the earthing points are please cheers Jimmy 

Just follow the negative battery lead until it is attached to the body.

As you friend says, check both ends too.

You may want to consider a 'better' negative connector.

Mine is showing signs of age !