Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

radio

On 5/21/2023 at 1:59 PM, David S said:

The Wide Multi Av Station manuals I have are in Japanese. Any idea where I can get one in english?

thanks

Hello David,

Welcome to the Forum.

It depends on which Head Unit you have as multiple units were fitted (I think).

The JPNZ Owners Manual has several, and eightseater.blogspot.com had the popular HDD unit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Rojie

i have the HDD head unit in my Alfie. I can’t find a way to alter the language setting to English. I do have a translator  app to see what the Japanese. Any suggestions?  
P. 

2 hours ago, Pete S. said:

Hi Rojie

i have the HDD head unit in my Alfie. I can’t find a way to alter the language setting to English. I do have a translator  app to see what the Japanese. Any suggestions?  
P. 

You cannot change the HDD unit to English, that is why Eightseater.blogspot.com is so helpful.

For this reason alone, and there are others, many members upgrade to a newer head unit.

If you do, be cautious you don't lose some of the steering wheel controls (if they matter to you).

I find the OEM cameras very useful if a little low definition. The reversing camera is especially useful.

• Like 1

Thanks Rojie, I will upgrade the head unit Dreckly. But this ‘Eightseeter.blogspot.com’ website didn’t seem to be any good. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, not to worry, there’s always a laugh when ‘she’ talks to me every time I fire up the engine. I’m turning Japanese rapidly!

Loving our Alfie already. 

On 5/21/2023 at 6:12 PM, Rojie said:

Hello David,

Welcome to the Forum.

It depends on which Head Unit you have as multiple units were fitted (I think).

The JPNZ Owners Manual has several, and eightseater.blogspot.com had the popular HDD unit

Correct address is eightseaters.blogspot.com.

52 minutes ago, Pete S. said:

Thanks Rojie, I will upgrade the head unit Dreckly. But this ‘Eightseaters.blogspot.com’ website didn’t seem to be any good. Perhaps I was doing something wrong, not to worry, there’s always a laugh when ‘she’ talks to me every time I fire up the engine. I’m turning Japanese rapidly!

Loving our Alfie already. 

It is very good if you have the unit he is covering.