Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Windscreen replacement- a headache??

Hi all,

I was thinking of buying a 2018 Vellfire from jap. Just wondering, if a windscreen needs to be replaced at some stage. How much of a head ache is it? I can't seem to find a part number for one online and any places I've searched seem to be all out of stock..

I would have assumed that the windscreen in the Alphard/Vellfire would be the same type as a few other Toyota models? Or is that wishful 🤔

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Hi all,

I was thinking of buying a 2018 Vellfire from jap. Just wondering, if a windscreen needs to be replaced at some stage. How much of a head ache is it? I can't seem to find a part number for one online and any places I've searched seem to be all out of stock..

I would have assumed that the windscreen in the Alphard/Vellfire would be the same type as a few other Toyota models? Or is that wishful 🤔

Hello John,

Welcome to the Forum.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2011 model, and autoglas say that they cannot,find the glass replacement for my windscreen....and it is 4 weeks now with no luck. I am looking for advice on how to contact  Toyota in Japan to find out this info. Crack growing bigger by the day....yikes. Any advice?

I have a Gen 1 facelift.

Autoglass fitted a new screen, took about three weeks.

Fortunately covered by my insurance otherwise the cost would have been very expensive.

Hi tim I got my alphard from Stuart spencer autos 2 years ago he had in his office 2 brand new vellfire windscreens long shot it might be worth calling him he may have a contact for getting them and may be stocking for his own vehicles you got nothing to lose trying him 0121 557 7795