Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Alphard 07 ANH10 Service Tools and Parts - What & Where?

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how accessible the oil filter is, eg whether I'll be able to unscrew the filter by hand and, if not, which type of tool is cheapest and will do the job? 

I only plan to change the oil filter and oil, this time - but where to buy the 

replacement sump plug washer?  The filter, I think, is stocked by the general autoparts outlets but the oil? Get genuine Toyota, or what do you suggest?

(I've always found a way to get a filter off without the right tool - but I thought that I might treat myself, if the cost isn't too much and it will make the job easier)

Or, next time, just buy a kit of plugs, filters,etc from Ebay, or where do you suggest? 

1 hour ago, devonia said:

Hi Everyone,

Can someone please tell me how accessible the oil filter is, eg whether I'll be able to unscrew the filter by hand and, if not, which type of tool is cheapest and will do the job? 

I only plan to change the oil filter and oil, this time - but where to buy the 

replacement sump plug washer?  The filter, I think, is stocked by the general autoparts outlets but the oil? Get genuine Toyota, or what do you suggest?

(I've always found a way to get a filter off without the right tool - but I thought that I might treat myself, if the cost isn't too much and it will make the job easier)

Or, next time, just buy a kit of plugs, filters,etc from Ebay, or where do you suggest? 

Are you anywhere near Ashwater ?

Starider is there and may be able to help you. He is ex auto trade.

I believe the oil filter is 'behind' the engine nearest the firewall; not the easiest to get too.

Many other members do self servicing, so I am sure you will plenty of advice.

I have a 2006 V6 Alphard. Have changed my oil and filter myself. Bought the oil filter from Toyota. Oil Filter was about £11 & sump plug washer was about £3.

On the V6 you have to remove the front plastic undershield to gain access to the filter, which is located at the front of the engine. I always use a filter wrench as they can be tight. Buy easy to do. Don't know about the 2.4 or 3.5 engines.

9 hours ago, Rojie said:

Are you anywhere near Ashwater ?

Starider is there and may be able to help you. He is ex auto trade.

I believe the oil filter is 'behind' the engine nearest the firewall; not the easiest to get too.

Many other members do self servicing, so I am sure you will plenty of advice.

I was wrong ! I believed some video I had watched; or my memory is giving out !

Oil filter is on front of engine; under the exhaust manifold.

5 minutes ago, Rojie said:

I was wrong ! I believed some video I had watched; or my memory is giving out !

Oil filter is on front of engine; under the exhaust manifold.

That's useful information - it's a 2.4 not a 3 litre, by the way. I should be able to hold a CCTV camera under the front and have a peek without jacking it up and putting it on stands.  If the sump washer is plain copper or aluminium, I have a lathe so could just make one.