Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Wired the starter battery in the wrong polarity popped fuses

So I have manage to get a replacement 12v starter battery that fits the slot but the battery terminals are reversed! I plugged it and didn't check the + and - thinking they would be in the same place.. they are not.. and managed to plug it in the wrong way round. I blew the big fuse on the positive cable and now replaced it but now all the electronics are working but engine doesn't turn over.

I have since checked the continuity between the fuses in the engine bay but none were blown there. 

Please help if anyone knows any other fuses to check

Hi what's your reg no. I do believe there is a fuse holder on the battery positive I helped a lady on here before she did same thing and it was the fuse holder to blame I can check if you have same one 

10 hours ago, Picasso said:

Hi what's your reg no. I do believe there is a fuse holder on the battery positive I helped a lady on here before she did same thing and it was the fuse holder to blame I can check if you have same one 

It's YK57ZEF yes there is a fuse there that I've repaired for the moment and will replace. Do you have a source for this fuse?

19 hours ago, Jordan Doust said:

So I have manage to get a replacement 12v starter battery that fits the slot but the battery terminals are reversed! I plugged it and didn't check the + and - thinking they would be in the same place.. they are not.. and managed to plug it in the wrong way round. I blew the big fuse on the positive cable and now replaced it but now all the electronics are working but engine doesn't turn over.

I have since checked the continuity between the fuses in the engine bay but none were blown there. 

Please help if anyone knows any other fuses to check

Does the starter try to turn the engine over, or just nothing ?