Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

2007 coolant thermostat part number

Can anyone advise what the part number is for Alphie 2007 2.4 2WD coolant thermostat? The internet is giving me two different options.

Also any guides on how to fit it would be helpful (currently running without the thermostat as it failed and AA took it out).

Thanks! 

Edited by GingerMonster

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2023 at 10:46 AM, GingerMonster said:

The internet is giving me two different options.

Looks like the thermostat had several changes for the Gen 1 which might explain the multiple part numbers:

image.png.0a4c6c6f10a98f16b44c4896f2d8eb98.png

Your 2007 therefore most likely uses 909160316. Not sure why there's no third gasket part listed. For the avoidance of doubt, put your VIN into Partsouq: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota

then click this picture:

image.png.d515c214bcf362cda81e2bdc88a19b4f.png

As to fitting, I am a DIY mechanic. With that in mind, I would drain and keep the coolant by temporarily removing the lower radiator hose. Then remove the hose attached to the thermostat housing, then remove the two bolts of the housing. Replace the thermostat and gasket and reassemble and refill coolant. Go for a spin to remove air from the system and top up.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/13/2023 at 5:03 PM, Geralt said:

Looks like the thermostat had several changes for the Gen 1 which might explain the multiple part numbers:

image.png.0a4c6c6f10a98f16b44c4896f2d8eb98.png

Your 2007 therefore most likely uses 909160316. Not sure why there's no third gasket part listed. For the avoidance of doubt, put your VIN into Partsouq: https://partsouq.com/en/catalog/genuine/locate?c=Toyota

then click this picture:

image.png.d515c214bcf362cda81e2bdc88a19b4f.png

As to fitting, I am a DIY mechanic. With that in mind, I would drain and keep the coolant by temporarily removing the lower radiator hose. Then remove the hose attached to the thermostat housing, then remove the two bolts of the housing. Replace the thermostat and gasket and reassemble and refill coolant. Go for a spin to remove air from the system and top up.

Thanks so much for the uber helpful information Geralt. The thermostat is changes and Alphie is running smoothly once again. 🙂