Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Torque settings wheel alignment - Kwik Fit don't have them

Danny

I have an appointment with Kwik Fit on Saturday for tyre replacement and wheel alignment,

and they said they don't have the measurements - toe, camber etc.

Kwik Fit Stroud.

I said I can give them the measurements, but then the issue of the torque settings come out.

Alphard 2007, 3.0., 4wd, MNH15W

They are not on the jtech link: 

http://www.jltechno.com/en/alignment_specs.php?brand=Toyota&ModelName=Alphard/Vellfire:H10 Series:MNH15W&ModelID=610366

How do I find those torque settings? 

Does anyone have any idea? I would really appreciate any idea or help. Supposed to go on holiday abroad on Sunday and the wheel alignment is off. Noticed tyres starting wearing off, garage confirmed the need for alignment. Not the best scenario to drive through the Alps.

They couldn't do mine very well even when i gave them the measurements...actually made it worse and I had to go elsewhere to get it rectified.

Still wasn't great. it seems they always want to pull left.

What did make a massive difference for me was new tyres that were balanced properly.

The torque setting was 103nm.

It's felt loads better since.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Catweazle said:

They couldn't do mine very well even when i gave them the measurements...actually made it worse and I had to go elsewhere to get it rectified.

Still wasn't great. it seems they always want to pull left.

What did make a massive difference for me was new tyres that were balanced properly.

The torque setting was 103nm.

It's felt loads better since.

Thanks so much, Catweazle. 

That is very useful.

I'm thinking twice now if to do the alignment at all now with them.

Cheers.

On 8/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, Catweazle said:

I got my readings from the aftermarket handbook you can buy from JPNZ

I could not find wheel alignment specs in my copy of the JPNZ owner's manual. What page are you looking at please?

31 minutes ago, Geralt said:

I could not find wheel alignment specs in my copy of the JPNZ owner's manual. What page are you looking at please?

Not wheel alignment specs, but torque settings...sorry i made that a bit unclear. It may have been one of the other handbooks supplied with the car in japanese....I'll double check when i get the chance.

I can't find wheel alignment specs anywhere, but tried the version that a member posted on here some time ago....i think it can be found in the thread searches?

1 minute ago, Catweazle said:

but torque settings

Ah, I see, you mean the wheel nut torque settings?

I wonder if Danny is referring to the torque required for the various lock nuts after adjusting the suspension components for wheel alignment. I guess Kwik Fit don't want to be liable if a problem happens after just guessing at the torque.

• Like 1