Check your Alphards past history in Japan in detail with CarVX ×

Language settings on NSZN-Z66T

Hi everyone 

New to the forum.

I have just received delivery of my 2016 Vellfire. Having a play around and it appears I cannot change the language settings from Japanese to English. I live close to Birmingham, could anyone help point me in the right direction to get this rectified

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Morris said:

Hi everyone 

New to the forum.

I have just received delivery of my 2016 Vellfire. Having a play around and it appears I cannot change the language settings from Japanese to English. I live close to Birmingham, could anyone help point me in the right direction to get this rectified

Any help/guidance will be greatly appreciated !  

Hello Chris,

Welcome to the Forum.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Jobin said:

Hi Chris, 

I have the same issue here.  Do you have any luck ??

Is your machine a 2002 - 2008, as listed, or the 2016, as also listed in your profile ?

It needs to be correct for members to be able to offer advice that is relevant.

On 8/27/2023 at 12:43 PM, Chris Morris said:

I cannot change the language settings from Japanese to English

Hi Chris, I don't know your NSZN-Z66T system, so can only offer a process that worked for me with my Alpine head unit.  

-- Find and download the original Japanese PDF user manual.

-- Using a free online tool, cut and save the manual into files smaller than 10 MB each.  I found chunks of around 80 pages usually fine.

-- Submit each file to Google Translate (which will reject files larger than 10 MB).

-- The resulting text-based translation should be good enough so that when you search for the word "english" you can understand the surrounding information.

-- But the translation will not translate the contents of images or pictures, so you may need supplementary image-based translation.

-- In the car, when faced with a promising but incomprehensible screen,

** Set your (Samsung - I don't know about Apple) mobile phone to take a text extraction photo (click on the "[T]" icon)

** Tap on the resulting region of highlighted text to translate it into English

** Some effort may be needed to achieve adequate general interior light levels yet without glare or reflection.

** You probably need 2 smartphones and 2 tablets (!), so bring a friend.  One tablet showing the original PDF manual because the pictures will show you what you are looking at in the car.  One tablet showing the translated PDFs to get some idea of the context and what you are looking for.  One smartphone to take text extraction snaps of the car screen(s) and head unit buttons.  And one smartphone to take supplementary text extraction snaps of the images in the original manual as displayed on the first mobile.....

Supplementary translation of the images or pictures in the original user manual is done with your mobile phone (as though you were in the car looking at a screen) by taking a text extraction photo of the page or image in the manual, either when printed or on the computer screen.

Good luck!

Hello Roger,

No luck at all, it appears that my head unit (NSZN-Z66T) specifically has no features which allows it be changed to English, on this basis I am going through the process of matching up a Tesla type head unit which supports all original car features  and digitises the AC controls.  

Hello Lester,

Thanks for your detailed procedure for trying to discover where the English selection is located in the inner sanctums of the head unit, as it happens I have already conducted a similar procedure on this "discovery mission" but unfortunately to no avail!!

• 6 months later...

Hi, did you have any luck with your head unit? Many of the other owners just gave up and replaced your head unit with a dynawin DM series with 360 camera. Since there is no special function in the radio which is connected to the car like the 2020 version.